The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I also park in Blue and usually sit for 30 mins while the stewards let the coaches leave, then it's another 45-60 mins back home to Stockport once we're finally free. But yesterday was the first time ever, in 20 years of going to City every week, that I made it home less than an hour after full-time. Now they've started opening that back exit in the Blue car park, by the gas tower and onto Alan Turing way, things are moving a lot quicker. Not sure if they've always opened it or if it's a new idea but it's genius and they shouldn't stop doing it.

But the crucial factor was it being Easter Sunday, I think. No shops open so no other cars on the road, just football traffic all the way. Plus the trains were also running despite it being a religious holiday so that definitely helped with any traffic coming from the south of Manchester. I normally come off at J22 on the M60, south of Oldham, literally just as the teams are being announced. But we were turning off Oldham Road onto Alan Turing instead by that point on Sunday. It's been getting increasingly difficult to get to City games this season because traffic is so much worse but yesterday was a breeze.
It just enabled us to get to the Premier Inn Bolton earlier than expected! Driving from Scotland, taking in a game and driving back is a bit much these days so Premier inn it is. :-(

A good 2-3 metres off the road (which had double yellows) leaving a big space for pedestrians to get by. Just dishing out tickets for the sake of it.
Double yellow lines apply to the boundry, eg a fence or hedge from the yellow lines.
i got done in formby the other year for the same thing. i couldnt even see the double yellows on the road either due to sand.

A good 2-3 metres off the road (which had double yellows) leaving a big space for pedestrians to get by. Just dishing out tickets for the sake of it.
I got caught with that at the airport years ago parked on what was a bit of waste land.
When I contested the parking ticket they said you can pay the £12 or we can charge you with the more serious offence of crossing an undropped kerb

1st time after a game there was hardly any traffic, reached home( south Manchester ) from car park in record 30 mins. I prefer this

I suspect they didn't have enough enforcement staff out to fully enforce the entire residents scheme today. Heading away from the the game I noted letteral hundreds of vehicles parked up in the new bays on Ashton New Road between Bank Street and Edge Lane, none of the vehicles had been issued a ticket. Whilst I can't be sure all the vehicles belong to match going fans, a good majority of them had match going blues getting in to them as I passed.
My guess is due to bank holiday weekend there was no wardens. Definitely didn't see any near the Asda end of Ashton new road Sunday. Usually see 2 teams of 2 before kickoff.

Don’t know the name of the road. But went past a little inhabited side street on the tram, just near the old Mitchell’s.

Full line of cars right along it and it looked like they all had tickets on Sunday.

Meant to say uninhabited aswell. Just a very narrow but quite long street with nothing really on either side.

That seems to fit the profile for the new scheme!............... The new restrictions that they have introduced covering vast area's of Beswick, Clayton and around Philips Park Cemetery simply cannot be justified. Riverpark Road, Briscoe Lane, Grimshaw Lane, Lord North Street and Bank Bridge Street could and did accommodate on street parking for in access of a couple of thousand vehicles on a matchday, without causing a single issue to any residents. The only residents on any of the above mentioned locations can be found in Phillips Park Cemetery!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.