The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I also park in Blue and usually sit for 30 mins while the stewards let the coaches leave, then it's another 45-60 mins back home to Stockport once we're finally free. But yesterday was the first time ever, in 20 years of going to City every week, that I made it home less than an hour after full-time. Now they've started opening that back exit in the Blue car park, by the gas tower and onto Alan Turing way, things are moving a lot quicker. Not sure if they've always opened it or if it's a new idea but it's genius and they shouldn't stop doing it.

But the crucial factor was it being Easter Sunday, I think. No shops open so no other cars on the road, just football traffic all the way. Plus the trains were also running despite it being a religious holiday so that definitely helped with any traffic coming from the south of Manchester. I normally come off at J22 on the M60, south of Oldham, literally just as the teams are being announced. But we were turning off Oldham Road onto Alan Turing instead by that point on Sunday. It's been getting increasingly difficult to get to City games this season because traffic is so much worse but yesterday was a breeze.
Two exits from blue car park just means traffic further back on Alan Turing Way including 53 bus gets delayed more.

I’m here already.
Only 2 hours to kill.
The things you have to do now to get a space.

That seems to fit the profile for the new scheme!............... The new restrictions that they have introduced covering vast area's of Beswick, Clayton and around Philips Park Cemetery simply cannot be justified. Riverpark Road, Briscoe Lane, Grimshaw Lane, Lord North Street and Bank Bridge Street could and did accommodate on street parking for in access of a couple of thousand vehicles on a matchday, without causing a single issue to any residents. The only residents on any of the above mentioned locations can be found in Phillips Park Cemetery!

1000008745.gif

Got to my car in Holly street at 10-20pm to find the AMPR car hovering around the roads, fortunately no cars there to be ticketed.

It does seem strange, i always used to park on Briscoe Lane nowhere near any residential housing. When double yellows went down on one side of the road (understandably) i moved back to Ten Acres Lane and parked on the industrial side of the road, again not outside any residential housing. That was then included in the restricted area which pushed me back to Rosebank Rd, and with the latest restrictions i am now parking on Surbiton Road in a fully residential area and walking to the ground past empty roads in non residential areas.

At some point, if we keep getting pushed further and further back, i will have to look at one of the new bus routes and park near one of the stops, but for now i can cope with the walk, although if i was one of the residents in that area i would be a bit annoyed as those residential roads certainly seem busier on match days now than they used to be!

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come, official car parking on blue and orange car parks for Peter Kay at Co-Op Live is £25

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come, official car parking on blue and orange car parks for Peter Kay at Co-Op Live is £25
That is literally a piss take isn't it. Wait until there is a clash with a gig and a home game and the car park spaces for City fans is reduced massively.

I know we've all been seduced by the pretty pictures of summer canal siide drinking at the Co-Op pre-game, but when those bars open, I'm predicting a minimum of £10 a pint.

I'm absolutely gutted. My little known parking spot on Lanstead drive(top of Cambrian Rd close to Bradford rd) has fallen foul of this bleedin scheme. It was a great little spot and I think people just presumed it was part of the scheme already because there was always parking. 10 mins walk to the family stand. Now all the other side of Bradford Road, Holland St etc are all on it. Bastards!

That is literally a piss take isn't it. Wait until there is a clash with a gig and a home game and the car park spaces for City fans is reduced massively.

I know we've all been seduced by the pretty pictures of summer canal siide drinking at the Co-Op pre-game, but when those bars open, I'm predicting a minimum of £10 a pint.
On nights that clash it's going to be chaos, if charging £25 for gigs that presumably becomes the same for us, if City charging that does that become the norm for the smaller independent pop up car parks, £10 for bevvie probably right, it was £8 in the AO Arena couple weeks ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.