The Etihad and the stands

Re: The Etihad and the stands

Also...

What about the brand 'etihad' being put on the seating, or any other past players or just Manchester City being put on the seat in White or red and black?

Our stadium is a bit boring like that...

Alergicgrass said:
Three_Hat-tricks said:
I wanted the Colin Bell Stand to instead have been called the Bell End but for some reason it didn't quite happen.

Rumours around at the time it was named, that Man Utd supporters were voting for King Col, so it would be named the Bell End.

They really don't know us, do they :)
Wasn't the original plan to rename the North or South Stand? But in an attempt to avoid the whole 'Bell End' thing it was changed to the West Stand when it became clear that King Col was going to win.

Or is my memory just playing tricks on me?

I guarantee circa 2020, one of them will be called-The Roberto Mancini Stand, failing that a new kippax for the south stand would also do the trick

call the east the Kippax, north the Platt Lane, and south the North Stand... just to go back to Maine Road days...<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 pm --<br /><br />and also to confuse the hell out of away fans...

Dubai Blue said:
Alergicgrass said:
Three_Hat-tricks said:
I wanted the Colin Bell Stand to instead have been called the Bell End but for some reason it didn't quite happen.

Rumours around at the time it was named, that Man Utd supporters were voting for King Col, so it would be named the Bell End.

They really don't know us, do they :)
Wasn't the original plan to rename the North or South Stand? But in an attempt to avoid the whole 'Bell End' thing it was changed to the West Stand when it became clear that King Col was going to win.

Or is my memory just playing tricks on me?

We couldn't have had the Bell End because at the time we had David Seaman in goal.
"ohhh and he's lobbed Seaman from the Bell End"

city diehard said:
'Mario Balotelli Stand' lol. I would say possibly in the future the 'Roberto Mancini Stand'.

*Sir Roberto Mancini Stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.