The Etihad Arena - bye bye COMS

Re: Etihad arena

marco said:
but its not our ground to re name!!! wouldnt the council have to be involved here
they may be bunging the council a big wad for naming rights.council keep the ground and we name it whatever we like,for x amount of years.happens all the time here,never know what ground a game is at.
don't know if stadiums are council owned or not though.

I went to the Telstra Dome (as was) a few times when i was living in Melbourne! No idea it had changed names!!

Also if they are changing the name of the ground surly we'd be able to put some writing on the seats give it a better feel??? Make it Truly ours? That's if its true....

Re: Etihad arena

bluemoon32 said:
How is Etihad prounounced ?
is it Et-e-had or Et-eye-had ?

Think it's the former. At least that's how they've been pronouncing it here since Etihad took over naming rights of one of our stadiums.

Et-e-ad is what i say, forget the 'h'. Maybe that's just Glasgow dialect though.

Galski said:
I went to the Telstra Dome (as was) a few times when i was living in Melbourne! No idea it had changed names!!

Also if they are changing the name of the ground surly we'd be able to put some writing on the seats give it a better feel??? Make it Truly ours? That's if its true....

Yeah they've changed it a few times now (three) in its 10-year existence. Funny how you get attached to the names given to stadiums, even when they're corporate-sponsored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.