The Executive Leadership Team

A A

Anonymous

Marwood + Cook + Khaldoon. (yeah, yeah, I know technically, if you go to the City site, there's more people around them, but they are the three wise men).

I wonder I wonder. Questions they may have been asking themselves last night...

"Should we have given Mancini money to spend from day one, rather than hamstringing him during the window?"

"Have certain players given up, much like this time last season, when some heads knew they were rolling come the summer?"

"Does this coach's master plan include replacing 3/4 of the current first team squad - and - is that really necessary?"

"Is the system being employed by the coach one which has ever been used successfully in premier league?"

"If not, then does the technical director need to speak with the coach asap."

And of course....

"Should we now act responsibly and go back to Hiddink, and Mourinho, arrange an immediate back up plan, in case the wheels again come off the wagon in the next few weeks..."

After all, you can't hide it. It's top 4 or bust for everyone involved...and the wheels could quite conceivably come off.

PS, before all the high on testosterone kiddies start hurling abuse my way, I think Mancini will get it right and be a huge success. I'm just curious as to whether if our "trajectory" dips below the 70 point mark again this season, there is a contingency for it...;- )

BillyShears said:
And of course....

"Should we now act responsibly and go back to Hiddink, and Mourinho, arrange an immediate back up plan, in case the wheels again come off the wagon in the next few weeks..."
That's already been done. Why won't people believe some of the credible and serious posters on here who are saying it? We are not making this up. In fact it's highly likely these approaches at the latter end of 2009 caused the problem with Hughes.

If you realise the context you will be able to answer all your questions.

There is a problem if we don't get 4th. They've bigged it up so much that that's what we're going for this season.

Mancini does need to get it right and he does need to sort it out because we're very poor right now. After the Blackburn and Wolves wins I don't know why anything had to be changed, we looked really good in those games.

Prestwich_Blue said:
That's already been done. Why won't people believe some of the credible and serious posters on here who are saying it? We are not making this up. In fact it's highly likely these approaches at the latter end of 2009 caused the problem with Hughes.

Probably due to the high volume of traffic on here a lot of good stuff gets buried beneath the dross. Coupled with a crackdown on information leaking out, it's difficult to know what to believe.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BillyShears said:
And of course....

So Prestwich_Blue, do you think that Hiddink's decision is significant in light of our reported approaches to him prior the departure of Hughes?

1 He doesn't fancy us, or feels 'a bird in the hand...?'
2 We have already secured the services of someone 'special?'
3 We are still keeping our options open and have not made a commitment to anyone for 2010-2011 season - see how Mancini goes on and keep tabs on other potential coaches?

Although I've no inside knowledge whatsoever I'm pretty convinced that Mancini has come in to do a job short term. Both he and City are aware that, come the 2010-2011 season, Mancini is highly unlikely to be our manager. In an ideal World City would have stuck with Hughes until the Summer and then brought in the "big name" I'm convinced will be our forthcoming manager, however circumstances and individuals involved with City made that option impossible. We needed a stop gap manager and Mancini was available, willing and had connections with people already involved at City.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Soulboy said:
So that now only leaves Mourinho...

Yeah right.
Yeah right.

I know you are convinced Mourinho is lined up... but I am just as convinced he isn't.

I would have no problem in him taking over, but I just can't see it happening for a number of reasons.

You also stated Hiddink was in the frame... and he's now gone to manage Turkey... which leaves one.

If you are proved right on this I will make a public apology... will you do similar if Mancini is still managing our first game next season?

Bet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.