The Executive Leadership Team

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
However, anyone with two eyes who has been to recent matches will tell you there is somewhat of a morale problem within the squad. Players are as baffled as the supporters by the tactics, by the sudden omission of players like Ireland and SWP, by the sheer bloody minded negativity of the football being played...

Results are one thing - but if performances don't improve, the results will eventually turn too...

That, my friend, is what my eyes are telling me.

Mancini is stabbing about trying different players in different systems, often several times per game.

The players look like they don't know what they're supposed to be doing. They look confused and pissed off with it. Footballers need things simple and in my opinion, need to get used to looking for each other and to a system. Barry needs to know "If I win the ball, I give it to Ireland or Tevez". Richards needs to know "If I belt forwards, SWP will stay and cover". Adebayor needs to know "When I hold it up a supporting midfielder will become available" etc

The continued ommission of quality players and, as we are starting to see now, the age-old-classic Manager preferring his own signings, is a major concern to me.

absolutely spot on... both posts.

my worry is its players i feel care about city who are the ones being fucked around.

tell you something bobby,s starting to lose his cool a bit, think he has reallised the amount of negativity towards city and i don,t mean from us lot, think you will see a more physical side than what we have been seeing since the start of the season, i really hope that city get stuck in to these teams get right in their faces and stop being so nice, no team won any trophy without having a nasty side, thats what the they should be saying to bobby?

Didsbury Dave said:
Mancini is stabbing about trying different players in different systems, often several times per game.

The players look like they don't know what they're supposed to be doing. They look confused and pissed off with it. Footballers need things simple and in my opinion, need to get used to looking for each other and to a system. Barry needs to know "If I win the ball, I give it to Ireland or Tevez". Richards needs to know "If I belt forwards, SWP will stay and cover". Adebayor needs to know "When I hold it up a supporting midfielder will become available" etc

The continued ommission of quality players and, as we are starting to see now, the age-old-classic Manager preferring his own signings, is a major concern to me.

I hate to say this, but players not knowing what they're supposed to be doing, has not started since Mancini arrived, as it was exactly the same under the previous incumbent. Barry was defensive one week, attacking the next, and appeared to lose interest about the end of September, SWP was inside/outside/inside, Petrov (when played) was left/right. Very little has actually changed since Mancini arrived in my view, still to many players out of position, still too much hoof ball, still can't pass for toffee half the time. There were some equally shite performances then as there are now, and it was often against those teams we should have been beating.

None of this has much to do with executive leadership team, but its laughable that someone suggests an ex player as CEO, go on then name one capable ??

I don't really agree with you there Cleavers.

I'm not a Hughes apologist, I wanted him out.

But at least he stuck to a system with by and large the same personnel. When there were changes in general people slotted into their position.

Hughes's problem was simply poor defending. We probably didn't keep posession well enough and our midfield certainly got dominated against Spurs, but apart from that teams weren't piling us under pressure.

I think Mancini has nearly solved the defensive problem, but he is chopping and changing so much we have no rythmn or intuition to our play.

FEEDHIMGARY said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That, my friend, is what my eyes are telling me.

absolutely spot on... both posts.

my worry is its players i feel care about city who are the ones being fucked around.

spot on, you 3 have called it to the letter.

imo it's a little harsh to blame Bob for tinkering, his hands have been pretty much tied due to the injury situation.

the only players who people are generally feeling shouldn't be left out are SWP and Stevie, neither of whom have hit the heights of previous season(s).

we would have beaten Joke I believe if we would have had Carlos and/or Bellamy available.

acid test is coming when we start to play "footballing" sides.

too early to judge.

Rammy Blue said:
imo it's a little harsh to blame Bob for tinkering, his hands have been pretty much tied due to the injury situation.

the only players who people are generally feeling shouldn't be left out are SWP and Stevie, neither of whom have hit the heights of previous season(s).

we would have beaten Joke I believe if we would have had Carlos and/or Bellamy available.

too early to judge.

No matter which was you cut it - 442 with Barry on the "left" and Viera and De Jong in the middle is...well, it's negative.

But then, when they go down to 10 men, to not IMMEDIATELY change to an attacking 442 with Ireland and SWP brought on for Viera and Barry shows a lack of belief in those players to go out and actually win a match. That does worry me...

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

too early to judge.

No matter which was you cut it - 442 with Barry on the "left" and Viera and De Jong in the middle is...well, it's negative.

But then, when they go down to 10 men, to not IMMEDIATELY change to an attacking 442 with Ireland and SWP brought on for Viera and Barry shows a lack of belief in those players to go out and actually win a match. That does worry me...

I agree Billy, I was there last night and yes I would have made different subs - NDJ and/or Vieira wouldn't have made it past half time for me as they were both so abysmal in the first half.

To then be playing against 10 men and still not pitch Stevie in was baffling to say the least, tbh what irked me the most was the switch of Petrov for Johnson as it was always going to change bugger all (left winger for left winger....) and as the last of the subs it was criminal to not get Stevie on - Vieira actually played well in the second half but it was pointless having NDJ on the pitch.

What concerns me the most about Bob, which funnily enough makes me believe even more that he is only here until the summer, is that I expected him to not be frightened of making tough decisions - main one being Kolo Toure - yet he seems to be looking not to upset the big money signings from Hughes reign, which I don't particularly like.

I will though, based on 16 points from 8 league games, wait to see how we perform now we start to play the decent sides before I pass my own personal judgement on whether he will get us top4.

Rammy, you're dead right about Toure. I always thought it was baffling to give him the captaincy.

Is he getting in the team because he is the captain?

Take it off him. Tell him it's affecting his form or something and he's got to win it back.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy, you're dead right about Toure. I always thought it was baffling to give him the captaincy.

Is he getting in the team because he is the captain?

Take it off him. Tell him it's affecting his form or something and he's got to win it back.

If Kompany and Lescott are both fit and Toure plays, it is definately because he is captain. It will be interesting to see what happens when Kompany comes back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.