The FA Cup Final - if..........

guvnors son mcfc said:
I just watched the first half again for the first time. I had drank far too much to really take the detail of the game.

The players did try, they huffed and puffed and simply ran out of ideas.

Wigan worked hard to get men behind the ball every time they lost possession and defended the edge of their 18 yard box. We simply could not break this down and we have seen this countless times and opposition managers have used this tactic to combat us on several occasions. Mancini and Platt to blame and should of brought Dzeko and Milner on and changed the dynamics of our forward play.

Tevez was unlucky with the chance he had. He was stretching and tried to reverse the shot and the keeper got the faintest of touches. Only minutes later Tevez blazed over when a simple side footed ball to Aguero and we go one nil up.

If Barry had a right foot he too had a great chance and should of just taken a touch and lashed it home with his right foot just inside the box but instead took an age to get the ball on to his left peg and curled a great back pass into their keepers arms.

The atmosphere for a cup final was shocking and I blame that on the Mancini rumours and the fact that the game was a tense affair.

Mancini and Platt did not do their jobs that day.

I can't believe you watched that again.

Pam said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
I just watched the first half again for the first time. I had drank far too much to really take the detail of the game.

The players did try, they huffed and puffed and simply ran out of ideas.

Wigan worked hard to get men behind the ball every time they lost possession and defended the edge of their 18 yard box. We simply could not break this down and we have seen this countless times and opposition managers have used this tactic to combat us on several occasions. Mancini and Platt to blame and should of brought Dzeko and Milner on and changed the dynamics of our forward play.

Tevez was unlucky with the chance he had. He was stretching and tried to reverse the shot and the keeper got the faintest of touches. Only minutes later Tevez blazed over when a simple side footed ball to Aguero and we go one nil up.

If Barry had a right foot he too had a great chance and should of just taken a touch and lashed it home with his right foot just inside the box but instead took an age to get the ball on to his left peg and curled a great back pass into their keepers arms.

The atmosphere for a cup final was shocking and I blame that on the Mancini rumours and the fact that the game was a tense affair.

Mancini and Platt did not do their jobs that day.

I can't believe you watched that again.

Only until half time ;) we drew 0-0 and shared the cup ;)

Just over a year ago, typical city was buried deep underground but clearly didn't want to stay there.

Teams that press us all game, generally do well. Norwich did it too.

If we don't sort this and that starts with Harts distribution then expect more of the same nex season.

Pam said:
If those Pelligrini rumours had not surfaced on cup final day (or at any time before) or if there was nothing to them, MCFC would have another trophy in our cabinet now. If the players thought Bobby was staying come what may, they would have won that game because there would be no upside in for them not doing.

Does anyone think this is true?
It was reported on that Spanish website the day after Txiki had that meal in Madrid with Pellegrini's agent. That report was posted on here that day. That was about two weeks before the cup final. Rumours were flying around at Swansea and in the pub before West Bromwich, never mind before the cup final.<br /><br />-- Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 am --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Just over a year ago, typical city was buried deep underground but clearly didn't want to stay there.

Teams that press us all game, generally do well. Norwich did it too.

If we don't sort this and that starts with Harts distribution then expect more of the same nex season.
I think there are a lot of changes to be made to make us an established top side who can keep challenging on different, if not all, fronts.

Pam said:
If those Pelligrini rumours had not surfaced on cup final day (or at any time before) or if there was nothing to them, MCFC would have another trophy in our cabinet now. If the players thought Bobby was staying come what may, they would have won that game because there would be no upside in for them not doing.

Simply, no.

The Cup Final was just another 'cant be arsed' performance that became all to regular under Mancini.

Had he have clamped down on it at the start of the season then I doubt that we would be where we are now.

akcity said:
Pam said:

Simply, no.

The Cup Final was just another 'cant be arsed' performance that became all to regular under Mancini.

Had he have clamped down on it at the start of the season then I doubt that we would be where we are now.

Didn't he get sacked for "clamping down" and the players didn't like it - hence the performance(s)?

Pam said:

I agree with everything you say Pam. Part of me feels the players threw it though I don't want to believe it. I think the players today are mard arses and don't get me started on player power. But what's done is done and time will only tell if the right decision will have been made. I'm a big Mancini fan and will never forget him for restoring footballing pride at City.

Or maybe if Mancini learned from the Fa Cup practise run a few weeks before like Martinez did?

In all fairness the rumours were down before the cup. I think it's been sorted since the initial leak from Chile and Southampton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.