The Fail have wheeled out Colin Shindler again.

Had the chance a while back to give my thoughts on Colin Schindler to someone of influence to him.

Needless to say the person who asked got someone else.

He's an embarrassment.

taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Halfpenny said:
He's fair regarding Tevez, but it's turning the blame onto the owners which pisses me off. If you look at the squad we have the vast majority are model professionals, Tevez aside (and a couple of others occasionally). He's always had a problem with them, and seems to have been happier to see us languishing in midtable rather than seeing the 'good old Bell-Summerbee-Lee days' repeat themselves. He was lucky to see them; people like myself weren't.
But the owners chose to throw big money at players who might not have come to us otherwise when the alternative was to say "If you're coming for the project fine but if you're coming for the money then we don't want you"

I watched the Everton players give their all last Saturday and apart from the £15m spent on Fellaini, they were all cheap buys. Yet they played their hearts out.
But by all accounts, Tevez always played his heart out. Refusing to come onto the pitch? Tevez? That would have been unthinkable beforehand.
I think we all know that Tevez is a "troubled" character as is Adebayor to a lesser degree. But we knew that beforehand so it was a risk throwing big money at them. But that was in the Hughes era and it seems Mancini cares much more about the character of his players.

dom said:
Balti said:
I was incredibly lucky to be a teenager when the Lee, Bell, Summerbee, team won five trophies in five years

etc

yawn

err

I don't agree with a lot of point CS raaise but I ws a teeneger then too ... it really was magic ...why the yawn, Balti ?

Dom - many many of us remember, or know all about, the better times before the demise began as well. Big deal. But we don't all use that as a stick to beat the club with in the medja as though it is City's fault that things are so different now. It is the game as a whole that has changed and we can only compete with what is put in front of us in the manner of the modern era.

e.g.

''
But it takes more than that to create something of lasting value. What happened on Wednesday night in the Allianz Arena is what happens when you toss money around in all directions in the desperate hope that some of it sticks in the right place.''

Sorry but 'as someone who saw the holy trinity play as a kid' as well, I cannot agree with that. City clearly have a plan both on the pitch and off it. We have ambition. In order to realise that ambition we need to spend big. It is hardly a 'random scattering of cash'. Our current spending is done with intent and purpose.

We had want-aways when we were in the depths, as does every club. The reasons are many and complex. Far more complex than because we are 'desperately tossing money around in all directions'

We lost one away game to a world-class club in our first Champions League outing abroad. That does not mean that we will not create something of lasting value. Of course we will.

Colin is a good writer no doubt and clearly hankers for the good old days. No shame in that. But others of his generation welcome what the Sheikh is doing and cannot wait for the return of the good old days which we see approaching rapidly. I'm one of them. There are many many of us.

The differences between that era and this one are the differences in the game as a whole and not just the differences in City alone upon which Colin seems to like to pontificate about in the press.

He always comes across as negative even though we have not had it so good since the glory days that he refers to so often.

IMO

I actually thought my "team" played its heart out as well on Saturday, they tried, tried, and tried again in difficult circumstances against a team intent on spoiling everything we did.

Certainly a better "team" display than at Goodison last season, so for me progress. Well done Mancini and the "team".

Can we not be positive about our TEAM, we were the better team against Everton just because they cost less and tried hard for most of the game does not mean they are the better team than us, their heads dropped as did the clown of a manager who lost the game before it started, his depression is not good for his team.

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
But the owners chose to throw big money at players who might not have come to us otherwise when the alternative was to say "If you're coming for the project fine but if you're coming for the money then we don't want you"

I watched the Everton players give their all last Saturday and apart from the £15m spent on Fellaini, they were all cheap buys. Yet they played their hearts out.
But by all accounts, Tevez always played his heart out. Refusing to come onto the pitch? Tevez? That would have been unthinkable beforehand.
I think we all know that Tevez is a "troubled" character as is Adebayor to a lesser degree. But we knew that beforehand so it was a risk throwing big money at them. But that was in the Hughes era and it seems Mancini cares much more about the character of his players.
I certainly agree with that.

Oh here we fucking go again. as soon as we suffer a defeat Mr Shindler pops his head out from his cosy home counties retreat spouting his usual boring bile about "the good ol days" and how it was great when we were run like a corner shop. Well we have moved on since the bi-plane was the latest in air travel as if you didnt know Mr Shindler.
Bell, Lee, Summerbee, yep i saw them and it was fantastic, i was lucky as a lot of our great fans were not.... but i also saw Tolmie, Parlane and Cunningham and then had to endure the likes of Creaney, Russell and Conlon and i have no wish to go there again anytime soon.
But the biggest and most striking remark he makes is his attack on our arab owners once again. Now why is this i ask, ah yes, what is Mr Shindlers preferred religion?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
BringBackSwales said:
why do him and the daily fail have a continual anti arab agenda

He's Jewish???
I take great exception to that. Shindler hasn't been near a synagogue in years. The Pope knows more about the Jewish religion than he does. But we have plenty of quite observant Jewish fans who don't have a problem with our owners.

The irony is that he is guilty of exactly the lack of loyalty he is accusing others of, he's the stick that others are using to beat us with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.