The Fall - BM's best of thread

I guess you enjoy watching the X Factor / Pop Idol manufactured shite to produce a new "star" with his / her / their 15 minutes of fame?
Some of us prefer something a little alternative, original and unique.
The Fall lasted 40 years. If they were that shite how did they last that long? How many X Factor / Pop Idol divvies will be able to say the same?

MES you couldn't be more wrong if you tried!! (no offence)

You won't find anybody more against X Factor / Pop Idol than me, I wouldn't waste the electricity.

But I do ask the serious question. By any measure of musical ability, that track is absolute rubbish. A singer with no vocal colour or range and musicians that can't play. Why would anyone listen to that?

You wouldn't buy a car that doesn't run or a pen that doesn't write so why get music that isn't musical. Seriously, with a few weeks of study, you could write and perform something of the same standard yourself.

As for longevity, I think McDonalds have been trading for a few years, but are you telling me they produce great food?

MES you couldn't be more wrong if you tried!! (no offence)

You won't find anybody more against X Factor / Pop Idol than me, I wouldn't waste the electricity.

But I do ask the serious question. By any measure of musical ability, that track is absolute rubbish. A singer with no vocal colour or range and musicians that can't play. Why would anyone listen to that?

You wouldn't buy a car that doesn't run or a pen that doesn't write so why get music that isn't musical. Seriously, with a few weeks of study, you could write and perform something of the same standard yourself.

As for longevity, I think McDonalds have been trading for a few years, but are you telling me they produce great food?
Have you ever looked at a painting in a museum or art gallery and thought to yourself "what a pile of shite" yet the person next to you sees quality and style?

Then why do you listen to shit like this?

I can well imagine someone asking a similar question about why people find watching the movies of, say, Tarkovsky, Lynch, Hiroshi Teshigahara or Lars von Trier rewarding, or reading novelists like Ballard, Burroughs, or BS Johnson fulfilling.

The answer is possibly that we might prefer artists who wilfully flout the conventions upheld by undoubtedly accomplished but more mainstream directors and fiction writers and do so in ways that we find compelling.

Last edited:
Have you ever been in a restaurant and had food that was under / over cooked or just tasteless / horrible in any way
Have you ever had a pint that was just gas / cloudy
Have you ever had a car that couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and belched smoke
Have you ever had a girlfriend / boyfriend that was a plank in bed
Have you ever had a job that pissed you off from 08:00 to 17:00
Have you ever paid a fortune for a diamond that turned out to be glass

Then why do you listen to shit like this? Is it another punishment?
Iv had all of the above and much more and worse
thats why i love someone like Mark that took the piss and wouldn't conform to some of the crap I have to do through my life.
Each to their own

And the sun is the most read and bought news paper in the uk,so what.

Give me Mark and The Fall with their indiosyncratic take on this world any day of the week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.