The Fall - BM's best of thread

I was a big Fall fan in the 80s, saw them live plenty and have all the albums from that era. I always kept an eye on them since then but it was more of an amused eye, if you know what I mean. I occasionally remind myself of a track I’d forgotten and have read the books.

The thing about The Fall for me, though, is that I almost listen to them as a comedy band. It’s not music I’d close my eyes and get lost in or have a spliff to. It’s almost like bubblegum, a bit of a cheap and dirty habit. Does that make sense?
There's definitely a glam rock element in there.

My fave track :-)

I’m going to be the contrarian here and say that I hate this song and always have. I know the gruppe covered many stylistic bases over the 40 years, but this one was a stretch too far.
The Oh! Brother podcast (Paul & Steve Hanley) goes from strength to strength and the last two, featuring Marcia Schofield and Danny Kelly are absolutely brilliant.

Got the 3 CD of A sides today. I've listened to them a bit over the years, but never in a big way. Also read "Renegade" this weekend.
Can honestly say that Smith was a wonderful one off. Although as someone else said earlier...I'm kinda glad I never met him.
What a guy though. And love this CD.

Got the 3 CD of A sides today. I've listened to them a bit over the years, but never in a big way. Also read "Renegade" this weekend.
Can honestly say that Smith was a wonderful one off. Although as someone else said earlier...I'm kinda glad I never met him.
What a guy though. And love this CD.
It was hard work that book.
Love Brix's book very much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.