The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footballs like that mate we stick up for our own generally. Hard to find any part of me that would want a City fan to miss out on 3 years of football for jumping on a players back happily after we scored but each to their own
I get it, mate, I really do.

I just see where things can lead (and where things are already going), and we could easily get back to the dark days of football in the next decade or so with many different factors moving us in that direction (social media, cultural angst, economic degradation, young male anger, etc.) and enforcing punishments for this behaviour is an important mitigation measure.

Did u see that fucking running track mate I’d have passed out if I tried running over that in that heat with no water to get on the pitch haha

Yet Gundo ran across the running track and dived into the City fans. And every City fan f*cking loved it and never complained about it.

AADA37-BE-C78-D-4241-BCF1-C9-D7-F021-D58-D.webp

Footballs like that mate we stick up for our own generally. Hard to find any part of me that would want a City fan to miss out on 3 years of football for jumping on a players back happily after we scored but each to their own
I can only speak for myself but my heart goes out to him for missing 3 years of football, if that is what the punishment is but the bottom line is that fans can't be allowed to run onto the field of play.
It's sad that he is going to suffer but the rules are in place for a very good reason that had it not been a City fan we were discussing here I am sure you would agree with.

Yet Gundo ran across the running track and dived into the City fans. And every fucking City fan loved it and never complained about it.

AADA37-BE-C78-D-4241-BCF1-C9-D7-F021-D58-D.webp
That’s a very different situation—I know you are a very intelligent person and know that, so I am not sure why you are trying to use that as justification for fan pitch invasions.

I can only speak for myself but my heart goes out to him for missing 3 years of football, if that is what the punishment is but the bottom line is that fans can't be allowed to run onto the field of play.
It's sad that he is going to suffer but the rules are in place for a very good reason that had it not been a City fan we were discussing here I am sure you would agree with.
If it was a rag or dipper most would say justice has been done and he was an idiot for doing it.

He may not have known in the moment but he would have know beforehand.

Are you arguing that people that kill someone in a crime of passion should not face any punishment?

Or someone that beats someone else to the edge of their life during a pub brawl should face no consequences because they didn’t think about what they did in the moment?

It was spontaneous response and action. It wasn't premeditated, orchestrated, etc. He got caught up in the moment, the emotion and the goal celebration. I doubt he was even thinking about the repercussions of his actions beforehand. But you'll have to ask him yourself if he did.

As for your killing and crime argument, I really don't know where you are going with that, and what that has got to do with a goal celebration? You're looking too deep into it Sebastian. it's a goal celebration, not a murder.

It's 2:07am. Good night,

I get it, mate, I really do.

I just see where things can lead (and where things are already going), and we could easily get back to the dark days of football in the next decade or so with many different factors moving us in that direction (social media, cultural angst, economic degradation, young male anger, etc.) and enforcing punishments for this behaviour is an important mitigation
Weird how nobody considered it in Istanbul.
Let me tell you, if the configuration of the Ataturk Stadium meant that fans were as close to the pitch as at Bramall Lane there would have been dozens and dozens of people jumping on Rodri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.