The fans are bigger at Spurs

Hi guys Spurs supporter here,Why you so angry?Tottenham are a big club and it's futile to say anything to the contrary,as for a 'selling club'you try keeping hold of players of Modric or Bales ilk without a sheik or a Russian oligarch to back you,impossible,they were and still are two of the very best players in the world being courted by arguably the biggest and richest club in the world,city are also a big club of course I know that,difference being I would say is Tottenham have always been classed as a 'big'club and filled the back pages even with modest success of recent times,stayed relevant if you like,be here for ever ever explaining why,I suspect we would have been in a different stratosphere if backed by an oligarch as well,I'm sure not many of you will agree but hey ho,if Spurs don't win the league I genuinely hope city do when I look at the alternatives,finally regarding Spurs as a team our players and how we play,I have to agree with what Guardiola said about us,not only pre match but also post match so clearly no mind games involved there,Very gracious of pep to say that after you were the better team on sat,anyways good luck for the rest of the season..

http://www.jeffs60s.com/timeline.php
A list of events since this big club won the league, I find it best not to enter into reasonable debate with these pricks, it just dignifies their bullshit bile with a response.
Better to just say it like it is, that they are a feeder club with deluded fans :-)
There's a lot of bile on here to be fair. Life, and football aren't fair. You should try to get used to it. It's not Spurs' fault that Marriner and the Lino are blind.

Will all these Spurs jokers do one when Arsenal finish above them again or will they continue to post? I remember a few foxes fans on here last season, they don't seem to post anymore - funny that.

I would say is Tottenham have always been classed as a 'big'club and filled the back pages even with modest success of recent times,stayed relevant if you like,be here for ever ever explaining why,I suspect we would have been in a different stratosphere if backed by an oligarch as well,.

It's people posting shit like this we don't like. Yes, you are a big club as are we. Your manager started this by trying to put us down and you clearly agree with him despite the rest of your post.

Stayed relevant? Really? Apart from the period 1951-91 what exactly have you won? A couple of FA Cups before and a couple of League Cups afterwards. Your history is chequered like ours.

You get a lot of press solely because your a London team.Now there's a surprise.

Outside backing is required for all successful clubs. That's why Arsenal have been historically more successful than you. How do you think they won the league 5 times in the 1930s? If you think though that if the Russian had taken over you and not Chelsea you'd have become like Franco's Real Madrid of the 1950s you are very mistaken.

Hi guys Spurs supporter here,Why you so angry?

If fans of other clubs come on here to run their mouths - and ultimately troll - they will rightfully receive harsh replies. It's that simple.

My advice would be to not take it personally as the responses are aimed directly at those being quoted and not the respectful posters who just want a discussion.

I think what Spurs fans are missing is some of the hypocrisy in a lot of their jibes at City, I don't see many City fans putting other clubs down as small or anything like that, most are quite humble when it comes down to it, for the older support it's hard not to be humble when you go through low points. You'd think having to watch Arsenal enjoy their good times while they watched they would understand it more, I think our clubs share a lot of similarities the more I look at it.

They say where would we be without Sheikh Mansour's investment? I say where would they be without Joe Lewis and Levy via ENIC Group? Which is essentially a sports investment company which has owned a controlling stake at Spurs since 2001(funny what you learn when you do some reading up) It's not like they are a fan owned club, they were invested in too, they have had Levy driving their success(he's a good businessman to be fair) we too now have people doing that and their decision to invest is already showing to be a wise choice... why should we be ashamed of that? They are good owners doing great things.

Last edited:
I think what Spurs fans are missing is some of the hypocrisy in a lot of their jibes at City, I don't see many City fans putting other clubs down as small or anything like that, most are quite humble when it comes down to it, for the older support it's hard not to be humble when you go through low points(having to watch Arsenal enjoy their good times while they watched they should understand it more).

They say where would we be without Sheikh Mansour's investment? I say where would they be without Joe Lewis and Levy via ENIC Group? Which is essentially a sports investment company which has owned a controlling stake at Spurs since 2001(funny what you learn when you do some reading up) It's not like they are a fan owned club, they were invested in too, they have had Levy driving their success(he's a good businessman to be fair) we too now have people doing that and their decision to invest is already showing to be a wise choice... why should we be ashamed of that? They are good owners doing great things.

Yeah, I've never got why fans of other clubs would try and make out as though the Sheik is a negative part of our club. Our club would have gone bankrupt if it wasn't for him, now we win trophies year in year out, we have some of the best players in the world, a great stadium and brilliant facilities, tickets aren't too expensive compared to a lot of other clubs, the best academy in the country. If you asked any club if they'd take our owner 99% would, so it's mostly just jealousy and a way of making themselves feel relevant by 'lessening' the achievements of a bigger, better club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.