The fans let our team and manager down

I stand corrected, but didn't the players bemoan the Poznan dieing out?

jrb said:
johnbmcr said:
CC1 said:
Agreed. European fans are organised and come to sing/shout in a regimented way - they don't care what is happening on the field.
The nearest we came to that attitude was many seasons ago when we were playing Arsenal and were 4-0 down within 20 minutes. The crowd didn't care and sang all game. I remember Wenger looking round amazed. We are just too serious now!!!

if you want to sing join a choir what's is it on here about not accepting that many fans come to chat to m8s have drink AND watch a game of footie

a large proportion are not the least bit worried about moving in time to a drum beat or singing like some like some failed x factor /come dance with me wannabe mash-up ???

for goodness sake lets be impressed by the game not the size of the fans banner's

John.

I choose to do all 4. Hence why I stand in block 111, which is a 'singing section'.

If you prefer to........

chat to m8s have drink AND watch a game of footie

so be it.

However, I wouldn't question your reasons for doing so.

simple reason I enjoy doing this

actually think we are on the same hymn sheet (excuse my chessse burger sized pun) each to their own great philosophy and maximum respect to you JRB

buryblueboy said:
dont think you can call our support when we take 3600 to madrid
3000 to ajax and same to dortmund!

well dortmund took 9000 to Madrid this week.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the fans let the team down, and honestly I believe the noise from fans doesn't make much of a difference in many games, but when a game is really close, when players get nervous...THEN i think the crowd can give a huge boost to a team (or intimidate the opposition). that's when supporters start to "feel" that they can actually have an impact on the players.

riod said:
buryblueboy said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that the fans let the team down, and honestly I believe the noise from fans doesn't make much of a difference in many games, but when a game is really close, when players get nervous...THEN i think the crowd can give a huge boost to a team (or intimidate the opposition). that's when supporters start to "feel" that they can actually have an impact on the players.
Newcastle took 8000 to Brugge today.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:48 am --<br /><br />
jrb said:
Yes.

riod said:
danburge82 said:
Newcastle took 8000 to Brugge today.
Neither of these are relevant to the thread, I'm sure we could easily have taken 6000 to Ajax, (there were more than the 2700 tickets we officially got for certain, and that despite the ridiculous price of the ticket), but we weren't offered that number of tickets, and we could have taken the same number to Dortmund had the game not been virtually irrelevant. Madrid was too early for many people to get the time off, I know I would have gone had it been possible.

Our away support is not the issue, its the home support that this thread is about.

Its the same with all the other English clubs in the Champions League, they all have poor atmospheres. Arsenal were out sang by Schalke, in the same way we were by Dortmund, and when United played Galatasaray, all you could hear was the Turks. We're not brilliant, but we're by no means the worst. I swear Chelsea only have two songs in their reportoire, their atmosphere at home last season in the first leg semi-final against Barca, was very poor considering the occasion and the opposition. If you think we don't have any decent songs, those 3 clubs I've mentioned have virtually none. The only English team that I've seen with a good Champions League atmosphere is Liverpool. I hate the cliche' 'European nights at Anfield' but its true, they're way ahead of the rest.

danburge82 said:
riod said:
buryblueboy said:

Newcastle took 8000 to Brugge today.

-- Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:48 am --

jrb said:
Yes.

You sure the greatest supporters in the universe took 8000 to Brugge seeing as they only got 2600 tickets.

Cant be arse reading the whole thread, but attitudes like this make me really pissed off.

40,00 for a midweek european game would have been considered excellent not so long ago. end of

fathellensbellend said:
how about the club tried to squeeze every last penny out of already hard up fans, instead of making the prices competitive and filling the ground with passionate blues and creating a partizan atmosphere.

city are happy to try and fill the ground with anyone, which is fair enough, but when you are pricing your core support out, dont be suprised when the it comes back to bite you on your arse.

tuesday night was as flat as a pancake, more like a league cup game, something is missing from these nights.

for all the money in the game, surely the club acting in unison with the fans and filling the ground would be better for all concerned.

i dont advocate giving the tickets away, but when families are being asked to part with a ton on a midweek night, then it stands to reason loads are going to watch it on the box.
Listen I agree if the tickets were cheaper it would probably make a difference but are our tickets that much more pricey than anyone else from premier league who are in the champs league?probably not is the answer but other clubs seem to sell out

I kind if agree that we as fans should be buzzing on a big champs league night cause we all know it DOES make a difference,admittadely were not playing as we'll as we want at the moment but if the players hear the fans reacting in a positive manner I.e. getting behind the manager and the team it could well help them through this sticky patch of form I'm pretty sure if the fans react in a negative way it won't do any party no good.
Look it's like this,if you've ever played , if one of the lads is having a stinker you have to encourage not get on his back, it's a confidence thing,you as a teammate have to help him through it,I personally think if we get behind the team with a full house if poss,it can only help.
I am realistic and have a moan myself but am always up for a bit of of a sing,fuck me I wait all week it's a good way of ridding the tension you build up all week.
C'mon blues we win together,lose together,draw together,we support together,we sing together- we love city -simple,now lets get them Tottenham cunts well and truly beat on Sunday and don't forget sing your hearts out for the lads and show the viewers on sky what proper supporters are all about!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.