The Fans / Our Support Today

I'd like to say derby atmospheres take care of themselves but at times they're poor as well. But today was our best daytime atmosphere ever at the Etihad. Top. Everywhere was starting songs off, even the usual silent areas.

Now we need to raise the bar for all the other games.

Family stand was bouncing today best ive known it. there where a few rags behind us 2 got chuked out and one had a united shirt on. they had faces like slapped arses when we scored our 4th

Prestwich_Blue said:
jrb said:
I appreciate a 4 goal lead against the Rags helps :-), but even before the 4 goals went in our support was superb today. (especially on the concourse behind blocks 111, 110, and 109)
You don't show your support on the concourse. You do it in your seat in the stadium. I fucking hate part time supporters who stay on the concourse till the teams come out and who missed Yaya's goal because they were more worried about getting an overpriced pint of piss-water than supporting their team on the pitch. Some of us were in our seats 15-20 minutes before kick-off and making a noise.

Oh give it a rest PB.

We've just smashed the Rags 4-1 and you turn a positive(post) into a negative.

Now I don't know where you sit, but I stand in 111.

The singing on the concourse was before the game and at half time. it's the same every season when we play United at home. Whether you agree with it or not, it happens. It's part and parcel of the derby in that part of the stadium.

The fans love it, It get's them going, and they take it to the seats *before kick off*.

TBH I did miss the 2nd and 3rd goals because I went for a Beer. But hey, that's my choice. :-)

Any news about the lad who got arrested by police in the concourse (111-110) at half time? Because of a flare ..

Hope he doesn't get a too long ban

Quite a few missed the 3rd goal

Just about to watch MOTD now so don't miss it!

It was really great. United fans couldn't be heard except that 10 minute spell where they did the old "act of defiance" singing that fizzled out before the end. I wish it could be like this more often. I know football atmospheres in England need an 'incentive' to be great, but there has to be a middle ground between today's great atmosphere and the dull atmospheres we've seen recently. City fans show so much pride on derby day, you don't get that at Old Scaffold.

Indeed.

Been to OT on numerous occasion and a large percentage of their fans just don't get it. City are just another team playing United.

The last time I can remember United fans making a real racket at OT was the midweek match in the Carling Cup when Rooney scored the winner. Most of their support was local that night. Compare that to normal match day at OT.

It's safe to say they will never match the passion and raw emotions you get at a derby at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.