The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect us to win 5-0 vs Newcastle.

We will play the 4-4-2 . Navas stretching the game for us on the right. Silva starting on the left but will cut inside. The one of the strikers should be flexible, often dropping deep or drifting wide.

After our defensive performance against Arsenal , i would take a 1-0 win now , it will give the team another week of training and tactics with Pellegrini to iron out our teething problems , the first month could be hard work , but i am sure Pellegrini will have us playing attractive and winning football for the derby game , would love another 6-1 against the rag bastards.

I don't get why ppl are putting negredo instead of dzeko in their line up... Following the pre season and pele's comments he's a def starter

Just put the 1st half line up from Milan's game and stop tinkering, everything sorted.

gmckennasell said:
After our defensive performance against Arsenal , i would take a 1-0 win now , it will give the team another week of training and tactics with Pellegrini to iron out our teething problems , the first month could be hard work , but i am sure Pellegrini will have us playing attractive and winning football for the derby game , would love another 6-1 against the rag bastards.

Do you remember our defence one game previously? Contained - for much of the game at least - a rampant Bayern with Ribery and Robben coming at us full on, in Germany, with a German ref. Stop worrying about our defence!

Chippy_boy said:
gmckennasell said:

Do you remember our defence one game previously? Contained - for much of the game at least - a rampant Bayern with Ribery and Robben coming at us full on, in Germany, with a German ref. Stop worrying about our defence!

Yes , the defence played very well at Bayern ...... breached only by a late debateable penalty that probably shouldn't have been given as it wasn't intentional ...... and an excellent Bayern cross and header for the winner.

To be fair , other than three goals, and a disallowed effort , Arsenal didn't really create much against us either ....... but it was alarming that the goals that they did score were generally down to us playing our back line rather high up the field , and i'd put the opening Arsenal goal down to Clichy being half asleep!

We have had the best defence in the Premiership for the past THREE SEASONS IN SUCCESSION , so there's probably little reason to worry , although that was clearly down to the italian based defensive tactics of Roberto Mancini ........ bit of a feat though , as we'd only had the Premierships SEVENTH best defence during his initial (part) season.

It's a little alarming that both Milan and Arsenal just had to lob it over and the ball was in the net. But with all the pre-season 'brutal' stuff we cant really tell until we get going.

Just getting a little feeling that Jolene may be past his best though.

It should be noted that both Milan (El Sharawwy) and Arsenal (Walcott) had the pacy players who could be played over the top. Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain gave us a pretty tough time with their speed. I know all of the Arsenal fans were gushing about their wonderboy after the match, but I think the pace Arsenal displayed gave us in particular more trouble. If what Vinnie said about a tough week of training is true, maybe that contributed.

In terms of Newcastle, I'm not sure I see a player of that kind of pace in their side. I'm still nervous that Joleon in particular may be exposed even to a player of average pace, but I do think that speed is one of the most lethal ways to beat the high line, and there probably aren't too many PL teams who have it with enough talent to be dangerous once played through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.