The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
UlsterCitizen said:
Monday is my first day of two weeks in the Costa Brava so it could be a long day with a 9pm kick off after a 6.30am flight
That's what the siesta was invented for.

Our defensive play so far hasn't convinced me we'll keep a clean sheet, but equally our attacking options leave me expecting 3 goals at least.

I'll go for 3-1 City

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Silva
Negredo/Jovetic
Dzeko

I'm not sure who'll start between Negredo and Jovetic, at the moment I'd guess Negredo as he's featured more in pre-season but that could be explained by the fact Jovetic joined up with the sqaud a little later.

Prediction: 3-2

Hart
Zaba
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
Navas
Silva
Jovetic
Dzeko

It would be an absolute travesty if Dzeko doesnt start the whole of pre-season points towards him being a fixture in the first team. Not sure you can justify leaving him out with the goals he's scored in pre-season either.

4-2.

We'll canter to 2 nil before half time with Spanish Dave like a butterfly, setting up Dzeko and Yaya
They'll score immediately after the break - Ben Arf
We'll counter with another 2 for the Bosnian diamond
Then JH will fluff a scuffed consolation shot from Gomis.

Papers will pillory our defence the next day and suggest Pellers is the new KK.

kun said:
Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Dzeko

Unless Aguero's fit, then Him in for Jovetic.

4-2 City. Dzeko hat-trick.

I'll have a bit of this please. But 4-0.

Blue and Proud said:
Milner has looked very good in pre-season games so far, and so has Nasri and Dzeko. If MP is picking on form then I expect all 3 to feature against Newcastle dependent on formation.
Cannot wait to see the new boys making an impact. I feel very optimistic about next season, my only concern is the CB cover since Kolo left. Perhaps time Boyata steps up to the mark?
Prediction against NUFC is 3-1 to City.

Totally agree about Milner, I think he will play against Newcastle with Navas on the bench for starters. Imagine barcodes being 2 or 3-0 down with about 30 mins still to go and then we bring Navas on!

I think Jovetic will get picked ahead of Nasri. Great to have so many options.

NoahCity said:
I can't believe what I'm reading. Newcastle due a result against us? How so? People thinking we will struggle? Damn, let's see some optimism ffs.

we were away last week to Bayern munich and would have won for the cheating ref..

Newcastle hold no worries for me..<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 pm --<br /><br />
UlsterCitizen said:
Monday is my first day of two weeks in the Costa Brava so it could be a long day with a 9pm kick off after a 6.30am flight

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer !!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.