the first thing on my mind

Bill

this morning was city, in the credit crunch things on the high street are really hard and i usually wake up thinking about what need to do to get through it safely. today though it was that friggin defeat by fulham that i woke up to.we were so comfortable. we had a lead, we were going 8th and zab plays one of their players in and we collapse.we had a weak team out yes but the players on that field just gave up.
the manager should have picked a side to beat fulham, 7th was there for the taking,rest them when 3 points were in the bag however early or late that would have been.thursday comes you play your strongest 11, with swp back, richards dropped and zab at right back.put elano in with vinny and stevie and go for it.we might then have finished 7th AND won the uefa instead of gambling on one and getting neither.

mark hughes will lose his job(rightly so) not because he's a rag, or tiredness, or "they did'nt appoint him" he'll lose his job because this has been a pathetic attempt at silverware in a pathetic season and for that the manager goes, as they would at any decent club aspiring to progress.
i'm not sure some of those players can look themselves in the mirror this morning, ok they want the guy out but they should maybe think about the knock on effect and how much time effort and money we spend watching that bag of shit, we saw them twatted 3 games in 8 days at arsenal, hamburg and fulham and its bloody heartbreaking.as is being 1400 quid out of pocket. as i say there is a credit crunch on, i'll not do for much longer city.

de niro said:
this morning was city, in the credit crunch things on the high street are really hard and i usually wake up thinking about what need to do to get through it safely. today though it was that friggin defeat by fulham that i woke up to.we were so comfortable. we had a lead, we were going 8th and zab plays one of their players in and we collapse.we had a weak team out yes but the players on that field just gave up.
the manager should have picked a side to beat fulham, 7th was there for the taking,rest them when 3 points were in the bag however early or late that would have been.thursday comes you play your strongest 11, with swp back, richards dropped and zab at right back.put elano in with vinny and stevie and go for it.we might then have finished 7th AND won the uefa instead of gambling on one and getting neither.

mark hughes will lose his job(rightly so) not because he's a rag, or tiredness, or "they did'nt appoint him" he'll lose his job because this has been a pathetic attempt at silverware in a pathetic season and for that the manager goes, as they would at any decent club aspiring to progress.
i'm not sure some of those players can look themselves in the mirror this morning, ok they want the guy out but they should maybe think about the knock on effect and how much time effort and money we spend watching that bag of shit, we saw them twatted 3 games in 8 days at arsenal, hamburg and fulham and its bloody heartbreaking.as is being 1400 quid out of pocket. as i say there is a credit crunch on, i'll not do for much longer city.

I've had a bit of a think about the 2 teams and on paper i honestly believe we had the majority of better players.

Ireland or Murphy?
Boj or Johnson?
Petrov or Dempsey?
Given or Schwarzer?
De Jong o Etuhu?

The list goes on. The players that started were good enough to get a result, so why didn't they?

I think theres a lot of players that might have played themselves out of a future at the club. So they might celebrate if/when Hughes gets the sack, but they might get a nasty surprise themselves in the summer because I can't see the upheaval being restricted to the coaching staff.

And in the long run if you can't perform to the best of your ability, regardless of the manager it does put up a few question marks on you as a footballer as to whether or not you have what it takes. And theres very few in our squad without those question marks IMO.

Ricster said:
de niro said:

I've had a bit of a think about the 2 teams and on paper i honestly believe we had the majority of better players.

Ireland or Murphy?
Boj or Johnson?
Petrov or Dempsey?
Given or Schwarzer?
De Jong o Etuhu?

The list goes on. The players that started were good enough to get a result, so why didn't they?
according to your list THEY had the majority.
we lost because we did'nt play our best available 11 thinking as at brighton we could rotate and win. for that you need fire in your belly and too few showed that at brighton and here, in fact a few times this season.

Because they were probably told that this game didn't matter, maybe not in words, but in the choice of starting 11.
I agree with de niro, we should have started with a stronger team, dominated the game and then rested then players that needed it.

de niro said:
Ricster said:
de niro said:

Ireland or Murphy?
Boj or Johnson?
Petrov or Dempsey?
Given or Schwarzer?
De Jong o Etuhu?

according to your list THEY had the majority.
we lost because we did'nt play our best available 11 thinking as at brighton we could rotate and win. for that you need fire in your belly and too few showed that at brighton and here, in fact a few times this season.

I cant remember who there other CB is but i'd have took Nedum everyday of the week. Also Zab too, but there isn't another CM to compare him to. Maybe if i compare Zab to Pantsil. then there is another 2.

moomba said:
I think theres a lot of players that might have played themselves out of a future at the club. So they might celebrate if/when Hughes gets the sack, but they might get a nasty surprise themselves in the summer because I can't see the upheaval being restricted to the coaching staff.

And in the long run if you can't perform to the best of your ability, regardless of the manager it does put up a few question marks on you as a footballer as to whether or not you have what it takes. And theres very few in our squad without those question marks IMO.
exactly.

This gets my vote for being the most heartfelt post i've seen on here for a long time. You can feel the pain being felt by all City fans this morning! Weighed against this, the petty squabbling between fellow blues trying to prove who was 'right' in the Hughes In/Out debate pales into insignificance! We all need to keep our chins up and keep the faith with our club, because I can feel it in my bones that exciting and happy times are just around the corner (difficult at the moment I know!). Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn, and the powers that be can't have failed to notice that the players have made it clear that they don't want the current manager. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest that team selection is now being dictated by whether the manager thinks a player is for him or against him, which is the only rational explanation I can come up with for the bizarre decision to exclude Elano from the starting line up. Anyway, i'd be amazed if the wheels aren't in motion to replace this guy, and i'm willing to bet it aint going to be Graeme Souness!

It's also by de niro, a man who has followed the team up and down the country and as far away as Germany and the Faeroes for fucks sake. He's as blue as they come. And for him to have doubts or reservations is quite harrowing.

de niro said:

Good post De Niro albeit in a very sad way.

I am sat here now having also been unable to sleep once i stirred cus this club we love is once again taking us through the emotional mixer. And while i have been in the Hughes out camp for a few months i get absolutely no pleasure in seeing a staunch blue as yourself making the above post. And i completely agree that its not just the manager who deserves what must be the inevitable exit door being opened, far too many of our players have continually put in embarrassing performances, with such a lack of passion that would make them unfit for div 2 football, let alone for our beloved club, but still pick up their 'fantasy' pay packets.

And i'l tell you one more thing mate..............i bet they are sleeping soundly right now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.