the first thing on my mind

moomba said:
I think theres a lot of players that might have played themselves out of a future at the club. So they might celebrate if/when Hughes gets the sack, but they might get a nasty surprise themselves in the summer because I can't see the upheaval being restricted to the coaching staff.

And in the long run if you can't perform to the best of your ability, regardless of the manager it does put up a few question marks on you as a footballer as to whether or not you have what it takes. And theres very few in our squad without those question marks IMO.

Sums up a very poor season quite well IMO.

While some of us may not admit it or think the form of sides below us is too poor for us to be caught I think the players owe us suffering fans a big win against WBA next Sunday instead of the usual substandard performance against poor opposition.

Many of our current crop need to ask themselves if they have what it takes to be a successful footballer in the premiership and an intergral part of a successful team.

This team under this manager lacks the wll , the heart and the self belief to do what is required often enough to put a smile on the supporters faces often enough.

I cannot believe with this squad we have won only 11 of 32 games and only one away from home, its just not nearly good enough.

I do not see too many stepping up to the plate at present and time is fast running out for most of them.

Good post De Nero.

My mate who I go to games with has missed one game in 14 years (Stremur/Faroes Game) He is well P***ed off at the mo. Its just that with the takeover we expected so much more! To spend 100 Million and have a team like this beggars belief. I have tried to be pro hughes but now I just think we are on a loser sticking with him. Saying that I'll be there on Thursday and hoping for the best as I always do!

For me MH just gets every major decision wrong, cannot play the right tactics at the right time. We have beenreally lucky to get so far in the UEFA Cup, the Hamburg humiliation was no surprise. I just fear Thursday may be more humiliation. I long for stability at our beloved club, but it is clear to me MH long term cannot bring the success we crave, just look at his avoidance of buying top quality players, his abysmal failure to get the best out of Robinho, Elano to name just a few.

Look what Harry has done with an average failing Spurs team, look at West Ham and the job Gianfranco Zola has done with very limited resources or Roy Hodgson with a very average Fulham, David Moyes, the list can go on and on. Now compare this to MH; the managers job is to get the best out of his squad, n this MH has failed spectacular.

To me MH is trying to build an improved Blacburn (Mid Table) and is running scared of the worlds best players. I will trust in Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al Mubarak to decide, they are better placed, on whether MH should stay or go. Brace yourself for further pain and ultimately failure come Thursday, MH has never won a game against a Martin Jol side, does that not speak volumes.

de niro said:
this morning was city, in the credit crunch things on the high street are really hard and i usually wake up thinking about what need to do to get through it safely. today though it was that friggin defeat by fulham that i woke up to.we were so comfortable. we had a lead, we were going 8th and zab plays one of their players in and we collapse.we had a weak team out yes but the players on that field just gave up.
the manager should have picked a side to beat fulham, 7th was there for the taking,rest them when 3 points were in the bag however early or late that would have been.thursday comes you play your strongest 11, with swp back, richards dropped and zab at right back.put elano in with vinny and stevie and go for it.we might then have finished 7th AND won the uefa instead of gambling on one and getting neither.

mark hughes will lose his job(rightly so) not because he's a rag, or tiredness, or "they did'nt appoint him" he'll lose his job because this has been a pathetic attempt at silverware in a pathetic season and for that the manager goes, as they would at any decent club aspiring to progress.
i'm not sure some of those players can look themselves in the mirror this morning, ok they want the guy out but they should maybe think about the knock on effect and how much time effort and money we spend watching that bag of shit, we saw them twatted 3 games in 8 days at arsenal, hamburg and fulham and its bloody heartbreaking.as is being 1400 quid out of pocket. as i say there is a credit crunch on, i'll not do for much longer city.

Have you changed your view on MH now De Niro?

When someone who has supported MH all the way starts having these bad thoughts,then it really isnt good.

Against Arsenal a lot of posters on here had a go at Hughes for fielding a full strengh team & not resting players.
Against Fulham he is now getting stick for fielding a weakened team & resting players.......although we have a lot carrying knocks aswell.
We have not got a big enough quality squad to fight on 2 fronts that was proved yesterday.
The only way to compete on a regular basis with the top 4 is to develop a club/squad/team over time.
The pre-season will see major changers in our staff,but it won't be the manager.
The season IS NOT over no matter what certain people on here are trying to tell you.

citoeast said:
For me MH just gets every major decision wrong, cannot play the right tactics at the right time. We have beenreally lucky to get so far in the UEFA Cup, the Hamburg humiliation was no surprise. I just fear Thursday may be more humiliation. I long for stability at our beloved club, but it is clear to me MH long term cannot bring the success we crave, just look at his avoidance of buying top quality players, his abysmal failure to get the best out of Robinho, Elano to name just a few.

Look what Harry has done with an average failing Spurs team, look at West Ham and the job Gianfranco Zola has done with very limited resources or Roy Hodgson with a very average Fulham, David Moyes, the list can go on and on. Now compare this to MH; the managers job is to get the best out of his squad, n this MH has failed spectacular.

To me MH is trying to build an improved Blacburn (Mid Table) and is running scared of the worlds best players. I will trust in Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al Mubarak to decide, they are better placed, on whether MH should stay or go. Brace yourself for further pain and ultimately failure come Thursday, MH has never won a game against a Martin Jol side, does that not speak volumes.
this is'nt a hughes out thread so this is being removed.

de niro said:
this morning was city, in the credit crunch things on the high street are really hard and i usually wake up thinking about what need to do to get through it safely. today though it was that friggin defeat by fulham that i woke up to.we were so comfortable. we had a lead, we were going 8th and zab plays one of their players in and we collapse.we had a weak team out yes but the players on that field just gave up.
the manager should have picked a side to beat fulham, 7th was there for the taking,rest them when 3 points were in the bag however early or late that would have been.thursday comes you play your strongest 11, with swp back, richards dropped and zab at right back.put elano in with vinny and stevie and go for it.we might then have finished 7th AND won the uefa instead of gambling on one and getting neither.

mark hughes will lose his job(rightly so) not because he's a rag, or tiredness, or "they did'nt appoint him" he'll lose his job because this has been a pathetic attempt at silverware in a pathetic season and for that the manager goes, as they would at any decent club aspiring to progress.
i'm not sure some of those players can look themselves in the mirror this morning, ok they want the guy out but they should maybe think about the knock on effect and how much time effort and money we spend watching that bag of shit, we saw them twatted 3 games in 8 days at arsenal, hamburg and fulham and its bloody heartbreaking.as is being 1400 quid out of pocket. as i say there is a credit crunch on, i'll not do for much longer city.

Hi Bill.... was a fooking disgrace again. The last three games have been a disgrace. Each and every one of them come back to tactical ineptitude and a clueless manager... each and every one!

scorer said:
de niro said:

Hi Bill.... was a fooking disgrace again. The last three games have been a disgrace. Each and every one of them come back to tactical ineptitude and a clueless manager... each and every one!

This combined with schoolboy errors that led to each of Fulhams goals.

Fulham were not that good yesterday but once again we did our level best to make them look good.

Probably our worst performance at home all season.

It wasn't the changes to personnel or tiredness , it was lack of self belief , poor decision making and lack of effort when it really mattered.

I know MH has not had the time needed, not by a long stretch, but i keep looking for a glimmer, just some tiny glint of light to suggest we are heading in the right direction, but the season is almost over and we've side stepped at best. I was really cheesed off with MH blaming tiredness!? What was bootcamp for? I thought MH said his teams finish stronger in 2nd half of seasons? Now i really want MH to do well, i really do, but to spend100m + and quite poss finish the season with less points than last year is scary, All we can do is get behind the club and give them our unconditional support as ever and be patient, trust our owners. And de niro, its people like you who make supporting city what it is, you will be rowing to europe again, just maybe not next year. Keep faith fellow blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.