The flat - pack from hell

stonerblue

Four seperat parcels and 2 men to get each one upstairs and into the bedroom was a warning that this was not gonna be a simple job. It took me an hour just to un-pack the thing.
IMG_20210714_203914.jpg
It's gonna be a fancy kids bunk beds but after 5 hours graft I've managed to assemble 2 shelves and the sides of the steps. I'm on page 2 of a sixteen page step by step guide. Gonna be a long Sunday.

Four seperat parcels and 2 men to get each one upstairs and into the bedroom was a warning that this was not gonna be a simple job. It took me an hour just to un-pack the thing.
View attachment 21331
It's gonna be a fancy kids bunk beds but after 5 hours graft I've managed to assemble 2 shelves and the sides of the steps. I'm on page 2 of a sixteen page step by step guide. Gonna be a long Sunday.
The assembly instructions for your flat pack from hell must have given you temporary amnesia, you seem to have forgotten that today is Wednesday and not Sunday!!!

Flat pack from hell?
Try doing a large metal shed. Took me five days, 8 hours was stated and I’m DIY/ flat pack user.

We bought a German wardrobe from Bensons for Beds in Little Bury which was of monstrous proportion. I can't build things so we paid their recommended fitting team to knock it up for us for a ton. What an absolute bargain as it arrived flat packed in seven boxes.

A week later the two man team arrived and it took them a smidgen less than two hours to assemble with one lad working on the carcasses and the other building the doors. Effectively they could crack on blindfolded as they do that many, but it still took two hours so where is the wage for two lads, transportation and fuel etc. Best ton I ever spent.

I attempted a cheap small bedside cabinet once from MFI and after 5 hours fooked it off as non conducive to mental health. You had tap wooden dowels in and hammer in fancy metal fasteners that locked the wood and the nine page manual with three dimensional diagrams made me weep with abject misery. Not worth the hassle, truly it's not.

Last edited:
View attachment 21331
Fuck that

I recall some years ago we bought a flat pack wardrobe. It was 2 wardrobes separated by a thingy for women to tart themselves up but it was all one unit.
The instructions were brilliant....
1) put base on floor
2) Put sides on
3) attach rear sections
4) Put top on
5) Attach front doors and cupboards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.