The forgotten few

Darren & Jason Beckford
Ian Scott (same vintage as Lake, Hinchcliffe, White etc.)
Mike Brennan (used to confuse him with Ged Brannan - both crap)
Tony Scully (1 game in 1997)

Bill Williams - Signed by PJS, from Stockport County....Alegedly without the knowledge or approval of, then manager, Mel Machin.

Hauled off, due to being much more shite than the rest of the shite we had to pick from at that time, about half an hour into his debut, (Ipswich a) iirc, and was never seen again

Oh, and that young LB Sven gave a debut to in the home game against Tottenham (Sorry Cant think of his name)

Had an absolute stormer, but, as far as I remember, never played for us again

Paul Aimson? One of the few players on here I don't remember.
May have told the story in a different post. But ex brother in law was doctor in Bournemouth, One day he had a very well dressed gentleman come into see him, by brother in law noticed he was wearing a City tie and they got talking. Turns out it was Paul Aimson, bother In law mentioned I was a long suffering City fan and they talked for a while. Even though only spent a short time at City (16 appearances 1960-1964) he loved City and was so proud to have played for the Blues. Apparently he was made up when my brother in law asked for his autograph so he could pass it on to me. I think not Long after the Brother in law gave me the autograph Paul Sadley passed away. So have framed the scrap of paper his autograph was written on.

Incidentally He went on to become a legend at York city and think he is one of the clubs all time top goal scorers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.