The Forgotten story of John Crossan

Re: One for Johnny Crossan fans

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=238432&hilit=crossan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=238432&hilit=crossan</a>

Johnny was a great player, he used to light up Maine Road when he got the ball, in much the same way as Silva does now.

Interesting read, thanks.

Good read
Relative to where we were Crossan was a very good player - massively important to the first team Mercer and Allison built to get us out of old 2nd Division in 1965/66.
Did not quite cut it when we got promoted but I read somewhere he had had a bad car crash.
About that time , when I was an early teenager Crossan presented the medals at a football awards ceremony our team had won ( Wythenshawe's finest !). I don't remember much about it but all the adults were saying what a good guy he was and very easy to talk to.

Lovely, skillful footballer who led from the front and captained our 1966 2nd divison championsip side. This was the start of the great era under Uncle Joe & Big Mal that led to the glory years of the late 60s and early 70s.

Perhaps Johnny Crossan's contribution at the start of that era is now forgotten and overlooked.

A fascinating story and piece of Football History which I never knew about. Nice as well to see him fondly remembered by our more "senior" posters.

i was a fan of johnny crossan many years ago , when he captained us to promotion 1966 , limelight took off us again by englands world cup win.
he was very slight , but skillfull, and tough when the tackles were flying, think he allways played No 8.
many photos of him leading team out with ball in hand in sky blue or all maroon
worked in derry a few years ago , went in a pub and there was a photo of him on the wall, didnt know he ran a sports shop.
one of citys first heros under mercer allison era

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.