The FTSE

The company that makes the machines that are used to make silicon chips is a Dutch company called ASML.
One machine is mega bucks, maybe even more than the value of City's bench :)

SP has doubled over the last 12 months.
Gone x6 over past 5 years.

Nio share has dropped a fair bit after results. Chip shortages a major issue.

Time to put some more money in?! It's basically down to what I first invested at, back in November. But might throw some more in as it's early days with a lot of volatility and any stated risk will see a panic - as reflected across all of the EV companies today.
Now down to below $42 a share. I wasn’t going to put any more in but it’s dropped far more than I expected so just sold £10k of another fund and I’ll see where NIO goes in the next day or so before deciding what to do

Rolls Royce up 25 percent since I went in at 90. Very tempting to cash remaining half out.

This is a very valid point. The platforms and fees now are so easy to use. When i first bought stocks you had to ring a broker and hope they gave you the time of day. You got the certificates in the post a couple of weeks later. If you asked for anything other than FTSE stocks you would have got nowhere, you had to ask nicely to get the most basic of trades done.
I've still got an RBS paper certificate. Well, I had to get a new one as I lost it and didn't realise I had them till I got a dividend last year, the first one in ages!

These kids don't know they're born with this internet malarkey!

If people want to step into stocks abroad track the Indian market. Very rarely does this go red. It's also got the best name!

Nio share has dropped a fair bit after results. Chip shortages a major issue.

Time to put some more money in?! It's basically down to what I first invested at, back in November. But might throw some more in as it's early days with a lot of volatility and any stated risk will see a panic - as reflected across all of the EV companies today.
Reversal on Nio is more down to the slowdown reported in deliveries in those results. Growth stocks like Nio rely upon continuing growth momentum and look at the sequential growth rates rather than a lot of the other metrics investors use in defensive, value or cyclical shares on financial statements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.