The FTSE

Guys I need some advice please :
I am looking to put 20 k into a stock and shares ISA and need some advice on the best funds to put my money into.

The number of funds on offer is overwhelming. My risk level is probably mid to high and the funds would be topped up each year with no intention of touching them for the next 10 years or so.

Any help appreciated !
Spread the risk , id invest into China for sure

I'd do America, Europe, UK and China markets down at the min so good time to invest

Luna coins from terra in the crypto world are about to go crazy over the next year or so. Unlike most things in Crpto they have solid foundations and are being used in South Korea now by over 2.5m people.

Spread the risk , id invest into China for sure

I'd do America, Europe, UK and China markets down at the min so good time to invest
I'm currently with the US only as I'm aggressively trying to grow my wealth at a youngish age and they typically have the best growth right now.
However I'm definitely considering switching to a global equity fund to capture China's inevitable growth over the next few years.

I'm currently with the US only as I'm aggressively trying to grow my wealth at a youngish age and they typically have the best growth right now.
However I'm definitely considering switching to a global equity fund to capture China's inevitable growth over the next few years.
The US has done very well for me , I got money invested into a pension from when I lived in Canada and its grown around 90%

But is definitely not just have it in the US , me and my partner have funds in all different areas and all have done well

But my daughters account tech fund has grown 76% in 18 months while the other 3 is between 18 and 33%

And down it all continues to slide...
They're not all continuing to slide - there has been a continuing switch from growth to value stocks in the last week or so which is typical when there is a jump in bond yields.

That's why diversification is important if you want a balanced portfolio - too many people pile in just growth, value, defensive or income stocks without even knowing it especially growth as they're more fun. I think growth will be back in as they are heavily correlated at the moment to the developments on the pandemic/vaccine roll out - can see that yield slipping back a bit also

They're not all continuing to slide - there has been a continuing switch from growth to value stocks in the last week or so which is typical when there is a jump in bond yields.

That's why diversification is important if you want a balanced portfolio - too many people pile in just growth, value, defensive or income stocks without even knowing it especially growth as they're more fun. I think growth will be back in as they are heavily correlated at the moment to the developments on the pandemic/vaccine roll out - can see that yield slipping back a bit also
I consider myself reasonably "sophisticated" when it comes to investments but I'm on a bit of a learning curve in respect of growth, value and bond yields. I think most if not all my finds are growth and they have served me well over the last couple of years but have taken a big hit over the last few weeks.

Ironically I was planning to rebalance my portfolio just before the slide, buggered if I'm going to do it now and thankfully there is no rush to access those funds and I'm sure that eventually they'll be back to where they were and above. It does give me a queasy feeling looking at the state of them currently but much like the derby result yesterday I know that long term the damage shouldn't be too bad.

Just wondering whether to cash in my TUI and CCL shares which are about 150% up from when I bought them just under a year ago, presumably on the basis that investors expect there to be a mad rush for holiday bookings with no need for discounting.
But who thinks they will carry on going up? They're still well below pre-pandemic highs but they are now saddled with a shitload of debt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.