The FTSE

Just wondering whether to cash in my TUI and CCL shares which are about 150% up from when I bought them just under a year ago, presumably on the basis that investors expect there to be a mad rush for holiday bookings with no need for discounting.
But who thinks they will carry on going up? They're still well below pre-pandemic highs but they are now saddled with a shitload of debt.
Not too familiar with these two but fairly sure Tui is a government loan facility. Best thing to do is check what type of credit they have facilitated i.e 3rd party corporate lending, government or a rights issue - I know some firms are issuing more corporate bonds with convertible options back to equity.

You'll have to check the additional debt amounts and financing arrangements put in place but fairly sure government support loans will be fairly benign for the industry Tui is in and can be worked down over a long period upon a resumption to some form of normality.

Just wondering whether to cash in my TUI and CCL shares which are about 150% up from when I bought them just under a year ago, presumably on the basis that investors expect there to be a mad rush for holiday bookings with no need for discounting.
But who thinks they will carry on going up? They're still well below pre-pandemic highs but they are now saddled with a shitload of debt.
Surely it depends how much you have in there and whether you need the money in the next couple of years? If it's £10k and they've gone upto £25k then you take some profit. If it's 1k and it's now worth 2.5k, then the max you're risking is 2.5k if they go bust. Only you know the answers to answers but feel free to share. lol

Surely it depends how much you have in there and whether you need the money in the next couple of years? If it's £10k and they've gone upto £25k then you take some profit. If it's 1k and it's now worth 2.5k, then the max you're risking is 2.5k if they go bust. Only you know the answers to answers but feel free to share. lol
Fair point. I guess it was just people's opinions of the prospects of the holiday industry I was interested in, and the consequent effect on share prices over the next couple of years.

You could scale out of your position slowly and take some profit off the table.

Maybe close enough shares so that you are at worst going to break even and let the rest ride.
It all ultimately depends on your risk tolerance

Best thing in the world to invest in at the moment is Luna. It’s a coin that is part of the terra network and is about to absolutely explode.

I think TUI was worth a two bagger and well done to those that pushed for more. Expect it to side trade at 5-6 throughout the summer months, but cannot see their heady heights any time soon. Dividend's out the window and an annual loss of 3 billion so non overly attractive, however the German government remains on standby. Long term you would have to be cautiously optimistic however I am known as an oddity so please dyor. A wage is a wage and you've swum the channel and covered in seaweed!

Last edited:
Only had a few GME shares but sold them today and made enough to go out for lunch with SWMBO... I was sick of waiting for the shorts to have their trousers pulled down...

If I lose out then not a worry... My two lads still have theirs (only around £800 in total each so won't kill them if they never go nuclear...)

The electric vehicle sell off is showing no sign of stopping. Hitting global growth funds hard this tech sell off.

Just got to grit our teeth and get through it. I'm down big time now, but got plenty that are well up so doing fine overall still as travel, housebuilding etc have risen.

Need to invest in these chip companies as they clearly hold all the cards here! But electric vehicles aren't going anywhere so long term they'll recover fairly easily I'm sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.