The FTSE

I'm heavily in growth stocks on the NASDAQ and they've got blasted these past two weeks, I've managed to average down somewhat but it's pretty concerning, especially when the overall market has been doing very well. One big correction could really hurt these positions.

After a very poor few weeks the markets bounded back a bit today. Travel shares did well.
Anyone got any good stocks they’d recommend ?

I'm heavily in growth stocks on the NASDAQ and they've got blasted these past two weeks, I've managed to average down somewhat but it's pretty concerning, especially when the overall market has been doing very well. One big correction could really hurt these positions.
If your investment timeline is based on 2 weeks, then being in high growth/high risk/NASDAQ stocks is a recipe for disappointment.

With the current sensitivity of the market, one should EXPECT 1-2% swings on a daily basis.

It’s hard to see the lower left-upper right movement in 2 weeks, but over 2 years...or more importantly 20 years.

If movement over 2 weeks has you concerned, I hope you are only speculating with “play money.”

Full disclosure: AAPL, AMZN, GOOG, GBTC, VTI, SCHP.

Doin ok in the uk but kicked in the bollocks in USA.
William hill + 97%
Avacta + 37%
Ldg - 8%
ESkn + 87%

Hyln - 44%
Gevo -32%
Sklz- 25%
Ua +8%

If your investment timeline is based on 2 weeks, then being in high growth/high risk/NASDAQ stocks is a recipe for disappointment.

With the current sensitivity of the market, one should EXPECT 1-2% swings on a daily basis.

It’s hard to see the lower left-upper right movement in 2 weeks, but over 2 years...or more importantly 20 years.

If movement over 2 weeks has you concerned, I hope you are only speculating with “play money.”

Full disclosure: AAPL, AMZN, GOOG, GBTC, VTI, SCHP.
I'm not smart enough for short term US stock picks so my US investments are via OEICs (formerly Unit Trusts). They've done pretty well over the last 25 years with an average 13%-14% growth per year - much better than any other geographical sectors.

Those are terrific returns over such a long period of time
I certainly can't complain. The Dow and S&P are up on average 8.6% per year over that period so getting someone who knows what they're doing to make the index beating detailed investments makes a lot of sense.
My RoW fund investments haven't done nearly as well (typically 6-8%) but even so, they have done far better than the indexes in each area and much better than my individual UK share investments which I do more as a hobby.

I'm not smart enough for short term US stock picks so my US investments are via OEICs (formerly Unit Trusts). They've done pretty well over the last 25 years with an average 13%-14% growth per year - much better than any other geographical sectors.
Averaging 13-14%, over 25 yrs....
Rule of 72 means DOUBLING your money in about 5.3 years, which means £10,000 back then is now worth about £250,000-£300,000!

Bravo!

Averaging 13-14%, over 25 yrs....
Rule of 72 means DOUBLING your money in about 5.3 years, which means £10,000 back then is now worth about £250,000-£300,000!

Bravo!
Thanks.

I'm not going to say on here how much I invested back then, but yes I would agree with your calculation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.