The FTSE

So long as you’re aware it’s a punt/gamble and not an investment then you can’t go wrong.
Sorry yes the word invest was probably not the best to use, I will admit I have had gambling issues, I don’t anymore as I’ve barred myself from all the sites which I used to used I’ve made it very difficult for me to gamble nowadays. So maybe this is my way of doing it, I’ve done quite a bit of reasearch and I think there’s a very good chance some of these can really take off more than they already have. With the amount invested in them I can’t see them just crashing completely, having said that I am a bit of a novice. I’m looking at putting £2000 in as it would have only been sat in my account. I’m up for the gamble ha ha

The things I’m struggling with is which way to buy, seems a bit of a minefield excuse the pun! Anyone have any experience?

I’ve decided I’m going to take the risk and invest in some crypto currency’s I’m thinking ripple, ethereum and litecoin. I’ve been practising on etoro, does anyone have any advice of which platform to invest through, are you allowed to buy from etoro when you are in the uk.

If you are a crypto believer for long term, you’ve got to treating yourself to some Bitcoin too!

You’ll probably figure this out from the other thread but etoro is a bit of a rip off with the spreads.

I’ve messed around on a few exchanges but have ended up mainly using Binance. Check out staking on there. If you’re prepared to lock your coins away for 15 days you can get double digit interest on a some coins. I’m currently getting 37.79% APY on DOT (locked for 15 days). You can even get 5% on GBP without locking it away.

Use this link if you want. Good luck.

Yes, I think the process is called ‘bed and ISA’. Ask your FA how it’s done or google it.
That's right, assuming your ISA account is on the same platform as the general share trading account. Bed and ISA means that the shares are sold and rebought immediately so if CGT is liable on the sale there is no way round that. There is also the risk that for volatile shares the price can change between the two transactions. On my platform, there is only one set of dealing costs applied to cover both transactions.

If you are a crypto believer for long term, you’ve got to treating yourself to some Bitcoin too!

You’ll probably figure this out from the other thread but etoro is a bit of a rip off with the spreads.

I’ve messed around on a few exchanges but have ended up mainly using Binance. Check out staking on there. If you’re prepared to lock your coins away for 15 days you can get double digit interest on a some coins. I’m currently getting 37.79% APY on DOT (locked for 15 days). You can even get 5% on GBP without locking it away.

Use this link if you want. Good luck.

5%. There is a reason you cant get more than 2% with high street banks.

And how the F does an online crypto broker make enough money to pay out a +30% interest rate. There are zero dividends on crypto, nil. Nothing to support paying out any interest rate let alone that sort of level.

Alarm bells should be going off.

And how the F does an online crypto broker make enough money to pay out a +30% interest rate. There are zero dividends on crypto, nil. Nothing to support paying out any interest rate let alone that sort of level.

This. All of this.

Sounds a bit like the GOFO on steroids, that is 100% one highly leveraged market to be paying that. I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

Well unless I could have a CDS to offset the failure risk and the cost of the CDS was lower than the interest earned, that’s some free money right there if you could find any body stupid enough to take that trade.

Staking rewards are used to pay out the interest. By locking coins like ADA and DOT away they can be used to validate transactions on the blockchain and be rewarded for doing so.

Similar to how miners are rewarded for mining BTC. Some newer coins use proof of stake instead of proof of work. So instead of rewards for mining, you’re rewarded for staking.

It’s not normally at such a high rate as 37.8%, but there is billions of dollars currently staking crypto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.