The FTSE

I'm only a small investor (£200 per month) but have just bought 1000 shares in Cineworld at just over 65p each, mate reckons once the pandemic is under control and we get back to normality (sort of) the shares could double. If they do that's next years season card paid for (almost).

Not a bad few few days for you.

Cineworld is the most shorted stock on the LSE at the moment.

I’d keep a close eye on it if I were you. Maybe move your stop up already if you use them.

Not a bad few few days for you.

Cineworld is the most shorted stock on the LSE at the moment.

I’d keep a close eye on it if I were you. Maybe move your stop up already if you use them.
Thanks, only a relatively small investor and quite new to it so not got around to using the stop facility, I'll have a look tomorrow. My Rolls Royce investment (which is my largest single trade) is 28% up now which is pleasing, I think it's on the back of the US flight restrictions being lifted. My AJ Bell and Open Money managed portfolio, are doing well also, around 7% combined, any tips!

Dying to get involved in this but know diddly squat!

Coukd afford around £750-1,000pm to invest

Dying to get involved in this but know diddly squat!

Coukd afford around £750-1,000pm to invest
Plenty of knowledgeable blues on here, I'd read the thread first off then ask questions, you'll get good advice. I don't understand a lot of the jargon but I'm learning (slowly).

My only advice is not to use all your liquid fund to invest in share, try about a third of your bank roll to begin with, use your ISA allowance first, up to 20k per fiscal year at the moment.

Thanks, only a relatively small investor and quite new to it so not got around to using the stop facility, I'll have a look tomorrow. My Rolls Royce investment (which is my largest single trade) is 28% up now which is pleasing, I think it's on the back of the US flight restrictions being lifted. My AJ Bell and Open Money managed portfolio, are doing well also, around 7% combined, any tips!

I’ve bought into Telecom Plus this week. It’s making moves. A bit boring but other energy companies are going bust and TP have a deal with Eon where they supply TP with energy at a fixed price. Gives it an edge at the moment and a few could years could be on the horizon.

Also, the Scottish Mortgage Trust didn’t seem to drop at all this week when everything else did. That is a star performer in my pension.

7% is not good when compared with crypto.

Tether, a crypto stable coin pays 8% interest on some platforms.
At my age and lack of confidence/knowledge of crypto currency's it just doesn't appeal to me. I know it's probably great but not for me, I'm doing ok, investments are a part of my retirement finances, to be there for a rainy day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.