The FTSE

What's the name of the company you've invested in mate? Is it Greatland Gold itself or someone else?
GGP - Greatland Gold. It's not me it's a pal but I'm having ago today. He's been on at me for a year about these!

GGP - Greatland Gold. It's not me it's a pal but I'm having ago today. He's been on at me for a year about these!
Thanks mate. It sounded like @west didsblue had shares in another company but GGP makes up the largest share of their portfolio so was unsure whether to dip into them or GGP itself.
I'm tempted to have a dabble myself. I actually invested a couple of thousand in GGP back in 2017 when their shares were about 2p each but like an idiot I bottled it around a week later when the price went down by about 10% so bailed out ffs!

Thanks mate. It sounded like @west didsblue had shares in another company but GGP makes up the largest share of their portfolio so was unsure whether to dip into them or GGP itself.
I'm tempted to have a dabble myself. I actually invested a couple of thousand in GGP back in 2017 when their shares were about 2p each but like an idiot I bottled it around a week later when the price went down by about 10% so bailed out ffs!
I have some shares in a very small investment company called Starvest (SVE). They invest in mining companies and I think more than 80% of their portfolio value is GGP. The SP of SVE has a discount to NAV of over 30% so it's a cheap way of buying into GGP, although that doesn't mean much unless the SP starts to catch up with the NAV. Not sure why there's such a discount. It may suggest there's additional risk doing it that way but I really don't know.

Just topped up on GGP itself after reading some more detail about their mining operation in Western Australia.

I have some shares in a very small investment company called Starvest (SVE). They invest in mining companies and I think more than 80% of their portfolio value is GGP. The SP of SVE has a discount to NAV of over 30% so it's a cheap way of buying into GGP, although that doesn't mean much unless the SP starts to catch up with the NAV. Not sure why there's such a discount. It may suggest there's additional risk doing it that way but I really don't know.

Just topped up on GGP itself after reading some more detail about their mining operation in Western Australia.
Cheers mate. I'm going to get some GGP myself - hopefully I'll have the nerve to hold for longer than a week this time!

Got shares in a company that invests in mining. Their biggest investment is in a company called Greatland Gold (GGP). Their shares will track the price of gold to some extent but will also be affected by their exploration success or failure. They are a low cost producer too.
https://miningmaven.com/blog/1190-g...l-ahead-as-exciting-study-hits-market-ggp-g8g
Their shares peaked at the beginning of the year and have fallen since but are still 10 times higher than they were two years ago.
Don’t take this as a recommendation though as I have no insight into the gold mining industry.
Moneyweek has an article each week(funnily enough) of a share you wish you'd bought and one that you were lucky to have not bought. Greatland were in the latter category a couple of weeks ago.

Moneyweek has an article each week(funnily enough) of a share you wish you'd bought and one that you were lucky to have not bought. Greatland were in the latter category a couple of weeks ago.
Moneyweek tipped GGP in early Feb this year so I guess their most recent article relates to following that particular recommendation from when the SP was about 25p. Doubt that people who bought in at a few pence a year earlier are regretting it!

Cheers mate. I'm going to get some GGP myself - hopefully I'll have the nerve to hold for longer than a week this time!
Haha. I just bought 11k shares. Hopefully they go up. Five years ago they went up 10000%. That'll do, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.