The FTSE

Unreal that Tesla share price. I think it was around $470 following the split last year, and many were wondering how much more it would keep rising yet it's still more than doubled since then. I'm just hoping NIO follows suit at some point over the next few years. It's not taken off this year so far and I'm actually a little down on my significant investment but many are still predicting a 10, 15, or even 20 fold rise over the next 5-7 years
I bought Nio at around $4.60.....kicking myself for not selling at $65 in Jan but determined to hold for the medium term now. I’ve always thought Tesla was overpriced, even before the share split but it keeps defying logic....

I bought Nio at around $4.60.....kicking myself for not selling at $65 in Jan but determined to hold for the medium term now. I’ve always thought Tesla was overpriced, even before the share split but it keeps defying logic....
You got into NIO at a cracking price and surely you will make a fortune if you hold for anything like a decent period of time from hereon in. I only saw the tip on here last autumn when it had already risen by a huge amount so my average buying price is around $44. Who knows how much it rises over the coming years? But providing the company does well then I'd hope that even if it can't hit Tesla's current price, I ought to see a very good return on my investment. Put it this way, if it hits $800 a share - not that I'm expecting it to - and I've stuck with it all the way through then I'll be able to retire a millionaire!

be interesting to see how the gold mining stocks go in the next 12 months compared with the bitcoin mining stocks.
As a marker current prices
ggp=17.5
hut8 12.20
0.73 dollar

I honestly don't get it with Tesla. I understand that they have some decent tech in their products and they're currently outselling their rivals in the EV market, but every manufacturer in the world is pouring billions into developing competitors. At present it manufactures less than 0.1% of cars in the world and about 15% of EVs. I can't see the EV percentage going up significantly as more and more competitors bring rivals on to the market, so for it to go from a 100 billion dollar company to a trillion dollar company in 2 years seems utter madness, especially as its boss comes across as a nutter. Even at $100 billion dollars a couple of years ago its capitalisation was bigger than GM and amongst the biggest in the world and it's gone up ten fold since then. I must be missing something - do they have some patented technological advantage that others can't match? The other trillion dollar companys Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and Alphabet (Google) all have worldwide market penetration with huge market share, and operate in multiple areas. Tesla is nothing by comparison. I don't have enough insight to predict a crash in its SP but there's no way I'd put my own cash in it at over $1000 a share. It looks like a huge balloon to me that's about to burst.

Good stuff. 28,601 shares bought this morning. All aboard the GGP train - I'll try and hold for longer than a week this time!
I’ve added a paltry amount to my current derisory holding this morning, a fraction of the amount you have but looking forward to the boom and being rich very soon

@westdidsblue
tesla this week secured orders of 200,000 cars from Hertz, and 50,000 from uber
coupled with a really good quarterly, really easy to see the massive SP rise why this week.

Like you say a Trillion is a large cap, but people have been calling overpriced for ever on this stock, and big shorters have have done their money time and time again.

@westdidsblue
tesla this week secured orders of 200,000 cars from Hertz, and 50,000 from uber
coupled with a really good quarterly, really easy to see the massive SP rise why this week.

Like you say a Trillion is a large cap, but people have been calling overpriced for ever on this stock, and big shorters have have done their money time and time again.
I know what you're saying and I'm not denying that Tesla have a great brand, but a trillion dollar company? Seems mental to me but what do I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.