The FTSE

I am staying out but as soon as I see a sign that the infection rates are falling, I will go long on indexes and sectors I like with ETFs. I like ETFs because you don't face margin calls but you can get some gearing.

I think that once it becomes clear what's going to happen, irrespective of how bad it's going to be, markets will start their recovery. At the moment though, it seems there's no sign that there's any consensus at all and the uncertainty will only push markets one way.

Markets definitely need a light at the end of the tunnel. This feels bad though. We now can’t see anyone face to face either as our client base is 90% over 70.

I think that once it becomes clear what's going to happen, irrespective of how bad it's going to be, markets will start their recovery. At the moment though, it seems there's no sign that there's any consensus at all and the uncertainty will only push markets one way.

Inbetween the odd dead cat bounce.

Markets are about 35% down in 3 weeks. It’s slightly reminiscent of Black Monday in ‘87 when shares fell by a similar amount over a month (with most of the drop in two days). The worrying thing here is that the news seems to be getting worse every day with the whole real economy collapsing at an even faster rate.

Markets are about 35% down in 3 weeks. It’s slightly reminiscent of Black Monday in ‘87 when shares fell by a similar amount over a month (with most of the drop in two days). The worrying thing here is that the news seems to be getting worse every day with the whole real economy collapsing at an even faster rate.
Sit tight, in a couple of years all will be fine, don't panic.

Can I recommend the following blog for anyone invested (or thinking about investing) into stocks:

https://jlcollinsnh.com/2012/04/15/...-market-crash-coming-and-dr-lo-cant-save-you/

I'm ploughing any extra money I can into cheap, well-diversified index funds. Vanguard Life Strategy funds are great for beginners. If you're under 30, this is probably the best time to start investing (if you haven't already). Remember to stop obsessing over the market prices and sensationalist news. Just choose an amount you can afford to invest each month, set a standing order and forget about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.