The FTSE

We fixed at 2.15 with Nationwide for ten years during COVID.

I don't think we will regret that decision unless we need to pay off mortgage in its entirety.

And if we can do that, we can afford to take the redemption penalty I dare say.
We fixed for 5 years at 1.59% during covid
Same number of years etc but saving a lot?on monthly payments
Probably thought 10 too long at the time!

The trajectory of the paring of the balance sheet has already been discussed and digested.

Will it cause a reduction in the sloshing of liquidity through free money? Of course.
To suggest that unraveling their balance sheet will cause “decimation” strikes me as slightly hysterical.

In effect, it’s a known known and not a surprise.

There are clearly a lot of moving parts starting to move in opposition to, and in concert with, each other, which will always create an occasional surprise reaction. That said, the bond market seems to be responding in a fairly ordered fashion at present.

Full disclosure: I’m a long term investor in mega cap tech, most of which is cash rich, doesn’t require borrowing to grow and whose growth greatly offsets and short term re-ratings of DCFs.
AAPL, AMZN, GOOG, FB, BABA, IONQ.
I am down 17.89% since the highs and am starting to look at investing my current 30% cash position, which was higher before an investment in energy.*

The NASDAQ has seen a 50% retracement of the highs. Whether that’s a bottom (I don’t think it is!), I won’t know until the future, but if I liked these stocks when they were 20-25% higher, then they MUST be starting to look attractive today, right?

Any of those NOT going to be around in 5 yrs? 10? 50? Feels like they’re all going to be around forever, even if that’s realistically too long to even contemplate!

*I also own a not insignificant, albeit more tactical, investment in energy (DVN, XLE).

Good luck to us al
Full disclosure: I am not a Tesla shareholder, but I do have a Model Y reservation made in November 2021 for a December 2022 delivery.

View attachment 43718

Tesla’s growth in auto manufacturing is growing beyond 50%, and other businesses are growing, too.

As for profits, Tesla margins would make Mary Barra pee her pants in excitement!

So, Tesla, ironically, is firing on all cylinders, with only the Shanghai shutdown causing issues. Austin & Berlin have, by any measure I’ve seen, been incredible successes and will provide a long runway for production.

All of that said, I don’t like owning stocks where the principal can dramatically drive down the price from the toilet with his phone in his hand…and has!
Hope it drives better than share price

When there's a recession, the interest rates are actually likely to reduce.
Early 70s and early 80s dropped from 15% to maybe 6%, and not comparable.

Interest rates are artificially low and have been 2009, even going back hundreds of years, so there is nothing to compare this to.

Early 70s and early 80s dropped from 15% to maybe 6%, and not comparable.

Interest rates are artificially low and have been 2009, even going back hundreds of years, so there is nothing to compare this to.
Not too late to sell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.