The FTSE

Tumbling today after Base Rate rise to 1.25%. Could end up 2% before the end of the year, and I wonder how long until it starts knocking about 6% again? The housing market set to decline, and a lot of people fucked in about 4 years time, especially the Help to Buy equity loan mob.

We fixed at 2.15 with Nationwide for ten years during COVID.

I don't think we will regret that decision unless we need to pay off mortgage in its entirety.

And if we can do that, we can afford to take the redemption penalty I dare say.

My bank shares have been hammered today. Genuinely thought they were really in for a good run this morning as they were up over 4% in the US yesterday evening.

I guess in the overall scheme of things 1% extra interest is not a big deal for mortgage borrowers.
It could be £200 a month on top of rising bill elsewhere, the majority can absorb that buy there are borderline households whose equity loan fees will kick it at the same time they need to re-mortgage after 5 years.
We fixed at 2.15 with Nationwide for ten years during COVID.

I don't think we will regret that decision unless we need to pay off mortgage in its entirety.

And if we can do that, we can afford to take the redemption penalty I dare say.
Looking prudent now in my opinion. Toyed with getting a new 5 year under 1% but had to pay 3% to do it plus fees so it would have cost me more over the remaining 3 years, now I wish I had done it as it is double.

Got some money in Scottish Widows supposed to last me till pensions kick in in May 25 dropping like a stone at the moment.

Why the fuck you went near Boo-Hoo is beyond me?

They are drowning, as is fast fashion in general as people become more eco aware.

Down again ten percent plus today! It’s become a long term recovery share now. I went from 90p a share to 218p on RBS on fifteen times what I went in on boo hoo so a bit of pain this last week but in the scheme of things nothing! Yes I must have been a bit mad but thought I was buying a dip. Holding now on that one for a few years and will see. Only a loss if you need to sell. Time will tell. Been buying a lot of items - gold, silver and antiques during this period of inflation as a hedge. Sold some properties but my borrowings are about to get a lot more expensive as a few fixed rates coming to an end! Life’s a juggle.

Tumbling today after Base Rate rise to 1.25%. Could end up 2% before the end of the year, and I wonder how long until it starts knocking about 6% again? The housing market set to decline, and a lot of people fucked in about 4 years time, especially the Help to Buy equity loan mob.

When there's a recession, the interest rates are actually likely to reduce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.