The FTSE

All looking good at the moment across the board with very few exceptions. Index at all time highs.

Interestingly BT has had a 10% jump today after poor results and the announcement of an increased dividend along with cost cutting measures. Apparently some hedge funds had shorted the stock with around 300 million borrowed shares. Fair chance they’ll be forced to close their positions pushing the SP even higher in the short term. Nice to see them getting their fingers burnt.

All looking good at the moment across the board with very few exceptions. Index at all time highs.

Interestingly BT has had a 10% jump today after poor results and the announcement of an increased dividend along with cost cutting measures. Apparently some hedge funds had shorted the stock with around 300 million borrowed shares. Fair chance they’ll be forced to close their positions pushing the SP even higher in the short term. Nice to see them getting their fingers burnt.

I suspect there will be a short term shock to the markets following the political instability brought on by the attempted assassination of Trump. Could be some buying opportunities by mid week. Gold should do well in the short term also.

I suspect there will be a short term shock to the markets following the political instability brought on by the attempted assassination of Trump. Could be some buying opportunities by mid week. Gold should do well in the short term also.
Well the Nasdaq and Dow are significantly above where the experts predicted at the beginning of the year, with the likes of NVIDIA doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Very rare though that have I dabbled in buying individual shares and on the whole prefer the much safer pound/dollar averaging approach.

Only exceptions have been the major world events and elections where there is likely to be a change of party.

As always whenever anything major happens, dont look at the main news and join in with the flapping, theres nothing you can do about that. Instead look at the markets and see what's been hit and is now undervalued, if it operates in a market that might benefit or its protected somewhat from the effects of the event, fill up yer boots.

Think the Trump assassination attempt will be a minor blip as you say.

Reactions: PPT
Well the Nasdaq and Dow are significantly above where the experts predicted at the beginning of the year, with the likes of NVIDIA doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Very rare though that have I dabbled in buying individual shares and on the whole prefer the much safer pound/dollar averaging approach.

Only exceptions have been the major world events and elections where there is likely to be a change of party.

As always whenever anything major happens, dont look at the main news and join in with the flapping, theres nothing you can do about that. Instead look at the markets and see what's been hit and is now undervalued, if it operates in a market that might benefit or its protected somewhat from the effects of the event, fill up yer boots.

Yep, fully agree. As I said, there could be some short term opportunities for someone willing to have a punt.
I’ll stand by my prediction that gold will do well irrespective of the impact of this particular event because whilst we now have some much needed stability in the UK, the same can’t be said in the US over the next few months and potentially longer if Trump wins. If the dollar gets hit then gold will benefit.

There are 'events ' happening all the time, some major and others minor. These become blurred with the passage of time and the significance goes with it. The markets may move, sometimes quite significantly with these events but in time the significance becomes forgotten and the markets just revert to their long term trends.

Rather like tidal waves, sometimes strong and powerful and other times slow and gentle. The markets just get on with it just as nature does. Don't let events get in the way of your long term plans.

Today looks like being the day

There are 'events ' happening all the time, some major and others minor. These become blurred with the passage of time and the significance goes with it. The markets may move, sometimes quite significantly with these events but in time the significance becomes forgotten and the markets just revert to their long term trends.

Rather like tidal waves, sometimes strong and powerful and other times slow and gentle. The markets just get on with it just as nature does. Don't let events get in the way of your long term plans.
The "events" are just opportunities to buy cheap nothing more, nothing less. The only time it is a problem is if you need to access your investments when the share price is down. But its a good lesson why you always make sure you have sufficient liquid assets to ride out any dips.

The "events" are just opportunities to buy cheap nothing more, nothing less. The only time it is a problem is if you need to access your investments when the share price is down. But its a good lesson why you always make sure you have sufficient liquid assets to ride out any dips.
So very true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.