The FTSE

Looking like sometime next year according to this: https://www.electrifying.com/blog/article/nio-to-launch-three-brands-in-uk-from-2025
I’m not sure the model you’re looking at will be part of the initial roll out though, and it seems there are issues around where to locate the battery-swap stations so still some hurdles to overcome. For me, the battery-swap stations are a huge game-changer when it comes to EVs. 3 minutes to change a battery as opposed to several hours to charge one is far more practical.
I totally agree. I'm lucky to have my own front driveway and will be getting a wall charger fitted by end of the year. I'm in two minds now whether to lease a PHEV, go full EV, or, just buy a Dacia Jogger (great vfm) until such time that NIO has launched and bedded in. All I need is something capable of seating five comfortably, with plenty of room in the boot for luggage and a large dog. So a big suv really. Plus capable of getting from London to Manchester/Leeds on a single charge. You'd think NIO will plan to have something reachable in respect of battery swap stations in both those areas. I don't want to give my money to that nutjob Musk and there's plenty of options from every other manufacturer to think about in the meantime. But what a gamechanger it could be, very exciting. I hope your investment brings the rewards that you deserve, it's a bold move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.