The FTSE

I have a small amount in a wealthsimple account. Luckily I set it up to be fairly secure as I'm pretty risk averse and not looking to make huge amounts of money on it - keeping up with inflation is fine.
Lost about £60 in the past week but sure that will bounce back in the next few months

My old man said he lost around 11k during the foot and mouth bollocks, he said he didn't panic and it was up after a year. He's not too worried.

I've lost a hefty amount here in Canada and my Fundsmith account probably looks grim reading

I read today, that the FTSE is around 1,000 points lower than it was on the 31st of December, 1999. Although it was heavily overpriced then, you would never have guessed it's current level 20 years ago. :')

I have two main policies plus my contracted out DWP

One is 25% stock market and 75% property
The other is 75% stock market, half of this being UK, 25% Pacific and the other 25% US

Unless it has Lifestyling on it they won’t be reducing risk. The latter one will have taken a bit of a hit for sure.

When you come to take benefits from pensions you don’t need to take it all in one go. You can take up to 25% tax free. However, when markets are like this, you may want to only take enough to last you a year and leave the balance. There are lots of ways of taking benefits and you may be best taking some advice. Property funds are a bit of favour too

Looking to invest in the FTSE, can anyone send me the way of decent investment funds?

My best performing funds have taken a wider interest than just the FTSE. Not sure I should recommend particular ones (the value of your investment etc) but I was happy with the outcome of the research I did, up until this week anyway.

I invest through Hargreaves Lansdown and they have their own top 50 recommended funds. Some of those have performed well for me but then I didn’t follow their advice to buy into Neil Woodward’s funds

Looking to invest in the FTSE, can anyone send me the way of decent investment funds?
Are you talking about short term speculation, or long term investment?

It's your money. Absolutely do not do anything unless you are prepared to do your own research.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.