The FTSE

Looking to invest in the FTSE, can anyone send me the way of decent investment funds?

You need to go via a Wealth/Investment Manager or an online platform. You can not buy into funds directly. Chose a platform and then chose a fund. There are normally transaction fees so you should be looking to be in fairly long term or the fees will wipe out any gains.

Looking to invest in the FTSE, can anyone send me the way of decent investment funds?

Hi mate. I assume you're after an investment for the medium to long term. If so, the best one I found was the FTSE 100 Index Unit Trust with Vanguard. The fees are only 0.06%, a few years ago that was the cheapest around. I assume it's still one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest. If you're looking to invest long term don't underestimate the difference fees will make.

Here's the link.

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/...e-100-index-unit-trust-gbp-accumlation-shares

I think it might also be a minimum investment of £500.

You need to go via a Wealth/Investment Manager or an online platform. You can not buy into funds directly. Chose a platform and then chose a fund. There are normally transaction fees so you should be looking to be in fairly long term or the fees will wipe out any gains.
Send it to me and I will invest it for you (NB: the value of what you send me will be much less than you get back).

The Dow is moving intra day by as much as 2000 points within a couple of hours.

Mad volatility not based on fundamentals just fear and the spread of fear.

Companies will suffer others will prosper during and after the virus is a thing of the past until the next one arrives but to drop 20 per cent with some companies losing 40 per cent of their value in 7 days or less lacks commonsense.

Companies will suffer others will prosper during and after the virus is a thing of the past until the next one arrives but to drop 20 per cent with some companies losing 40 per cent of their value in 7 days or less lacks commonsense.

BP share price is almost as low as after the Deepwater disaster when they were looking at Billions in compensation.

Short sellers don’t help either. The authorities should put a stop to this. It’s very damaging for markets and companies.

Sounds like you have found a BUYING opportunity...

We were always going to get a bounce today, after the carnage yesterday, but it’s where we go TOMORROW, with the VIX (Volatility Index) up around 50 that I’d like to know?!

19% downdraft with a couple of percent bump off the lows today, but is it done? Oil found a bid, as did some oil companies...coupled with the FAANG stocks that have been driving indices for the last year or two!

Looks like there is a HUUUUUUGE FED RATE CUT coming, PLUS some economic relief package coming from WH/Congress. Do people see that as a good OR bad thing SHORT TERM? LONG TERM?

The financial markets are erratic these days - with all the algorithms etc. any major movement in the market creates incredible volumes of trades that in turn move the market hugely - hence we have got what can only be described as an overly excited roller coaster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.