The FTSE

As of next month I'll have £1000 a month going into my SIPP (including tax relief). While I'm not currently pissing my money up the wall following City every weekend and gallivanting on holiday I may as well chuck in as much as I can. Spreading it round 4 Baillie Gifford funds, Legal & General Global Technology, and Legg Mason IF Japan Equity.

Once lockdown eases and things start opening up again, I might have to think about expanding the matched betting empire to enable me to keep putting those amounts in.

As of next month I'll have £1000 a month going into my SIPP (including tax relief). While I'm not currently pissing my money up the wall following City every weekend and gallivanting on holiday I may as well chuck in as much as I can. Spreading it round 4 Baillie Gifford funds, Legal & General Global Technology, and Legg Mason IF Japan Equity.

Once lockdown eases and things start opening up again, I might have to think about expanding the matched betting empire to enable me to keep putting those amounts in.
Are your funds invested into a default setting(medium risk) or do you pick your own ? I pay in a similar amount to yourself a month into my workplace pension but have it spread around 3 high risk(volatile) funds.I have noticed though that the annual management charge is 0.85% on 1 of them which is nearly double the medium risk funds.Is a SIPP AMC any cheaper?

Are your funds invested into a default setting(medium risk) or do you pick your own ? I pay in a similar amount to yourself a month into my workplace pension but have it spread around 3 high risk(volatile) funds.I have noticed though that the annual management charge is 0.85% on 1 of them which is nearly double the medium risk funds.Is a SIPP AMC any cheaper?
I choose them myself. I use Hargreaves Lansdown and the management charges on all my funds is 0.45%. I think that's the same for all funds up to the first £250,000 and then after that it drops further according to this:

• 0.45% per annum on the first £250,000 of funds
  • 0.25% on the value of funds between £250,000 and £1m
  • 0.1% on the value of funds between £1m and £2m
  • No charge on the value of funds over £2m
  • The annual charge to hold shares, bonds, Investment Trusts, ETFs or gilts in the HL Stocks and Shares ISA is 0.45% (capped at £45 per annum)
Edit: That's for a Stocks and Shares ISA but I've just checked and the management charges for a SIPP are exactly the same

My Rolls Royce shares starting to do ok. In at 90 out at 400 is the plan. Don't care if it takes 15 years.
RR up 5% since Monday, I'm in at around 91. They've invested £90m in a new engine test bed facility at Derby and the Nuclear division are now aiming to build 16 small reactor plants by 2025. The engine tracking facility in Derby is fascinating, they can see every engine that's in the air (hopefully loads by this time next year) and procure parts and servicing for them on a preventative maintenance basis. Most engines are rented these days, also the troubles with the Trent engine should now be settled, hopefully the shares will, like the planes soar in the future.

In not as savvy as some on here and appreciate any kind of advice. I currently have a decent portfolio (for my income level) made up of "managed" funds and one where I choose my own. I do t include any of this money in my retirement fund, i think of it as a bonus. I was thinking about changing Mrs H car as we are not spending much but the current vehicle is doing so little mileage I've used funds to up our share port folio and split the risks between, safe, medium and volatile. I use Open Money and AJ Bell, in mine and Mrs H names.

I'm looking to add £300 per month into the pot over the next 3 years along with any spare money that comes my way, usually profit from my small business, await any "tips" with interest from BM's.

In not as savvy as some on here and appreciate any kind of advice. I currently have a decent portfolio (for my income level) made up of "managed" funds and one where I choose my own. I do t include any of this money in my retirement fund, i think of it as a bonus. I was thinking about changing Mrs H car as we are not spending much but the current vehicle is doing so little mileage I've used funds to up our share port folio and split the risks between, safe, medium and volatile. I use Open Money and AJ Bell, in mine and Mrs H names.

I'm looking to add £300 per month into the pot over the next 3 years along with any spare money that comes my way, usually profit from my small business, await any "tips" with interest from BM's.
If you are happy using funds rather than investing in individual companies through a broker or a trading platform such as HL or Interactive Investor then I recommend you use Trustnet.com to do your research. You can filter the site to your own preferences such as for growth, income, international, or sectors etc. My own, and personal advice, is to invest your money in those funds that describe themselves as 'Passive' rather than 'Active' management, the reason being that passive funds invest in companies for the long term whereas the active funds are chopping and changing their investments more frequently. As I'm sure you will realise, when you invest in whatever way you choose, you pay a brokerage fee. These fees are hidden to some extent when you use funds but they are still there and as active funds are that then there fees will be higher if only because of this activity.

I choose them myself. I use Hargreaves Lansdown and the management charges on all my funds is 0.45%. I think that's the same for all funds up to the first £250,000 and then after that it drops further according to this:

• 0.45% per annum on the first £250,000 of funds
  • 0.25% on the value of funds between £250,000 and £1m
  • 0.1% on the value of funds between £1m and £2m
  • No charge on the value of funds over £2m
  • The annual charge to hold shares, bonds, Investment Trusts, ETFs or gilts in the HL Stocks and Shares ISA is 0.45% (capped at £45 per annum)
Edit: That's for a Stocks and Shares ISA but I've just checked and the management charges for a SIPP are exactly the same
I do exactly the same as you but just to clarify HL charge a fee as you’ve outlined but then each fund will have it’s own management fees built in, managed funds will be higher than trackers. If you pick the right funds though it’s worth swallowing the charges

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.