The future is almost here - Carling Cup Final Poster

Cheers for the good luck message

I would love nothing better than to wipe that smug smile of that scottish w@nkers face. We might be a little toothless up front but we'll give them one hell of a game (i hope)

Just to re-iterate my post isnt really having a go, but ive listened to 6-0-6, talk sport and seen a few opinions on here and some of things that have been said are embarrasing for your club - your club isnt like the scummers from the red half of your city, or like any of those london tossers. Dont end up like them!! The money has got to some of your fans heads a little bit you have some amazing players but get behind your manager for feck sake - there is no way you'll achieve success otherwise

ClaretnBlueGuest said:
First of all Boys and Girls i come in peace

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for City when they were in the old 2nd division mainly because of your amazing fanbase. I'm a villa fan, ok yes i probably should be in my own forum, however i stumbled across yours and it's compelled me to sign up and make a point.

I always thought it was the scummy red half of manchester that claimed the divine right to win every game and be the most hated team in the land, however these past few months a minority of your fans (and i mean minority) are starting to make you into a laughing stock.

Hughes had you in top 6 with 2 games in hand, you lost just two games...TWO!!! and your lot wanted him out because you werent in top 4 - disgraceful. You then appoint Mancini - everyone waxes lyrical about this italian genius coming to win you 2 cups and get you 4th with somebody elses players and now you go out those 2 cups and a few iffy performances and you want him out!!! unbelievable - do you know how fecking lucky you are?? what right have your lot got to be guaranteed a top 4 place??? your still in the top 6 !!! Gareth Barry...fantastic player, plays, what 25/30 games - your already saying he's shit - you are turning into Man Utd fans very quickly - get a sense of realism and come back to the real world will ya, not 5 seasons ago you were f*ck all

That poster is exactly why opposing fans will hate you - it's what the red shite would do - your better than that

WOW, i wasnt expecting that if im honest but you do make very very good points my friend. I just wish that many thousands more would agree. Everyone has slated ManUre for years and at this rate, some of our fans are like you said, becoming one of them in terms of shite they type on here. I would like to wish you all the very best in the cup final, i hope you win as does every other football fan in the country ( except birmingham fans lol) have a great day, all the best

ClaretnBlueGuest said:

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for City when they were in the old 2nd division mainly because of your amazing fanbase. I'm a villa fan, ok yes i probably should be in my own forum, however i stumbled across yours and it's compelled me to sign up and make a point.

I always thought it was the scummy red half of manchester that claimed the divine right to win every game and be the most hated team in the land, however these past few months a minority of your fans (and i mean minority) are starting to make you into a laughing stock.

Hughes had you in top 6 with 2 games in hand, you lost just two games...TWO!!! and your lot wanted him out because you werent in top 4 - disgraceful. You then appoint Mancini - everyone waxes lyrical about this italian genius coming to win you 2 cups and get you 4th with somebody elses players and now you go out those 2 cups and a few iffy performances and you want him out!!! unbelievable - do you know how fecking lucky you are?? what right have your lot got to be guaranteed a top 4 place??? your still in the top 6 !!! Gareth Barry...fantastic player, plays, what 25/30 games - your already saying he's shit - you are turning into Man Utd fans very quickly - get a sense of realism and come back to the real world will ya, not 5 seasons ago you were f*ck all

That poster is exactly why opposing fans will hate you - it's what the red shite would do - your better than that

check the date it was originally posted and the accompanying comments, more of a case of dreaming or wishful thinking, if you check through the semi final threads there were more than plenty thinking we'd lose it, I also suspect that the poster who resurrected this thread is a Rag taking the piss. I'm old enough to remember when Aston Villa was "Fuck All", things change, thank god, just remember where you are, this site, has a mindset born of our history good and bad, tell me how many City fans you have actually MET who portray this arrogance you describe?
Good Luck in the Final, let's hope you win and it doesn't go to your head or that you become so arrogant you feel you can tell other clubs fans how they should speak, behave or dream.

rickmcfc said:
ClaretnBlueGuest said:

WOW, i wasnt expecting that if im honest but you do make very very good points my friend. I just wish that many thousands more would agree. Everyone has slated ManUre for years and at this rate, some of our fans are like you said, becoming one of them in terms of shite they type on here. I would like to wish you all the very best in the cup final, i hope you win as does every other football fan in the country ( except birmingham fans lol) have a great day, all the best

Appreciated, just goes to show that 80% of your fans are friendly and know their football. Just appears to me, that similar to Chelsea a few years ago, you've got some new ones with a very strange idea of how to support a football club. You've been through some real shit in the past 10/12 years - youve come from nowhere to be the richest club in the world. I can't believe some of the rubbish i read on here late last night. I remember some years ago, 1993, we were pushing Man Utd for the league title and we played you at home and won 3-1 and your fans unfurled a banner that said " we hope you win the league" i've loved City fans ever since :-)

lloydie said:
ClaretnBlueGuest said:

check the date it was originally posted and the accompanying comments, more of a case of dreaming or wishful thinking, if you check through the semi final threads there were more than plenty thinking we'd lose it, I also suspect that the poster who resurrected this thread is a Rag taking the piss. I'm old enough to remember when Aston Villa was "Fuck All", things change, thank god, just remember where you are, this site, has a mindset born of our history good and bad, tell me how many City fans you have actually MET who portray this arrogance you describe?
Good Luck in the Final, let's hope you win and it doesn't go to your head or that you become so arrogant you feel you can tell other clubs fans how they should speak, behave or dream.

I'm not telling your fans how to speak behave or dream and let me tell you, i have no aspirations about my football club thank you very much, unlike some of the people on here that think you should win the league after 26 games. Being in B'ham i dont meet many City fans as you can imagine, i can however read opinions and some of the opinions of your fans are barmy. I also dont think winning the league cup final would ' go to my head ' i went to rotterdam and saw us win something much bigger

ClaretnBlueGuest said:
lloydie said:

I'm not telling your fans how to speak behave or dream and let me tell you, i have no aspirations about my football club thank you very much, unlike some of the people on here that think you should win the league after 26 games. Being in B'ham i dont meet many City fans as you can imagine, i can however read opinions and some of the opinions of your fans are barmy. I also dont think winning the league cup final would ' go to my head ' i went to rotterdam and saw us win something much bigger
Extreme views do not speak for the silent majority. Most of the older Blues accept where we are, what we may not be happy with is some of the boring football given the 'stars' we have.

Never judge fans by what you hear on radio phone in's and on internet forums...both are vehicles where the gobshites have their voice, and they are not backward in using them to spread negativity.

And don't confuse expectation with arrogance..we HAVE always been a big club from a major English City..it's just that we have been hugely mis managed on and off the field over the last 30 years. But we're not daft, (and we're Northern)..that means we expect value for money..so when someone chucks over £100 million at players, and we get turned over by teams such as Stoke who, with all due respect, have nothing like the resources we have..Yes we are disappointed

However...The vast majority of City fans are still realists, for example walking out of the ground after the Liverpool game last week, 95% of the fans were wealking out of the ground, discussing the game and the pro's and cons etc in a calm manner..the fact that we had matched Liverpool man for man felt good, even if the game was a pretty dire spectacle, and there was not a single shout of "mancini out", most of us were just bloody cold, and pissed off with the ref..10 minutes later you get in the car, and all you can hear is "mancini's under presure..fans want him out"

In general we like what is happening at our club, the balti pies are good, the pr team are doing a good job at connecting with the community, we have regular "points of blue " meetings, buskers, a new website, smart kits..and even a shuttle service up the joe mercer way!

And the blue moon IS rising

ClaretnBlueGuest said:
lloydie said:

What I'm trying to make you realise (and thanks lads for clarifying my point re this site and the internet in general) is that you've chosen a thread and a moment in time to exemplify City fans, when we were all a bit, understandably, giddy having reached a semi final for the 1st time in 29 years. I wont think you're arrogant if you win the final and jump up and down a bit, get your piccy in the news and sing a lot of songs, good on ya, celebrate to your hearts content, in fact I'll probably join in :-) What I won't do is go on a Villa site and spot a bit of good old fashioned triumphalism, or someone saying "we can knock on from here and have a real tilt in the league" and say "look at the Villa fans thinking they're all that" and brand them as "arrogant". We've got better resources than we have ever had and supposedly better players so it's entirely natural that we expect better performances, and don't tell me that when you play Stoke someone doesn't say "we should beat this lot cos we're a better team/squad/players".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.