The future of the Champions League

They've already said there's going to be no involvement in anything that tries to move European games to the weekend.
Negotiation tactics. Put a few things in that you're happy to concede in order to give your opponent a feeling of winning the argument.

Clubs will go with this for the money, but they'd have to be convinced there would be more money.
Anybody get one of those city surveys about ECL once groups have been drawn?
"Do you plan to go to the matches?" Or similar.
Then asks if more/less likely if we were playing Madrid or Juve or Barca. Basically sounding out whether there'd be more interest in a European Super League.

It's only a matter of time.

Boooooo

Better not change anything

The proposal would create eight-team groups kicking off in August, and narrow the entry path for teams from winners of lower-ranking leagues.

The system, if approved by UEFA next year, would guarantee at least 14 Champions League games instead of the current six for each club, earning them tens of millions of euros (dollars) in extra revenue from broadcasting and sponsor deals struck by UEFA. The 16-team knockout stage would be retained, with seven further games for the two finalists.

The leagues group fears that will widen the wealth gap favoring an elite few and severely damage the competitive balance, commercial value and fan interest in national competitions.

UEFA’s draft plan suggests four Champions League teams will be relegated each season into the next season’s second-tier Europa League.

They would be replaced by four Europa League semifinalists who would be promoted.

Only four qualifying places would be left for national champions competing in preliminary rounds.

It would leave the Dutch league runner-up — as Ajax was before reaching the Champions League semifinals this season — no route into the competition.

Problem is as a club you have to go with what ever the bent fcukers do or you be losing out on 60m+ which no club who wants to compete can’t turn down its stinks big time.

The great football heist has begun!!

Greed is going to kill the game, with plastic fans waving and smiling!!

I share your sentiment but would argue it's already complete. Once upon a time supporting your team was a personal and almost private indulgence. If you didn't choose to attend you heard little of what happened, and if you did you exclusively witnessed the event. Sadly now our indulgence has been stolen and horse traded to every corner of the globe. All around us are pundits who have never supported our club but are now considered advocates and experts on our clubs doings. Those who listen to them and absorb the hype are the new age fans, who in many instances have never been to England, let alone Manchester!

I'm desperate we win the Treble this year and finish on a high, as I feel the love of my life has been stolen from me and sold to anyone who can pay for the pleasure and in short I want to bow out from the grind, as the exclusivity that I once felt as a match attending fan has been robbed and sold to anyone and everyone who is prepared to pay.

You only have to look at this years final neither team have won the league in 30 years says it all to me how creed and corrupt these lot are.

So the ‘elite’ are whining that the PL is running away with all the money? Answer try to increase the money available to CL clubs by extending the format. Kills two birds. Hopefully reduces the amount of money available in the PL as English clubs will have to play some of their games at the weekend, weakening the PL power on domestic football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.