The game is off

It was the right decision to postpone it, but it's baffling why they left it so late. They knew for several days that this storm was due to hit the UK. And with the most up to date weather radar, I'm sure they would have known by mid afternoon precisely when the weather was due to take a turn for the worst and where it was going to happen. Not any excuse really to leave it until after 6 pm to call it off. My sympathies to anyone that was travelling any significant distance.

cant predict the weather ........ at half 6 .... no one knows if it would get worse or ease off, so cant blame anyone.

i saw the weather forecast of possible Hurricane wind speeds at 2pm and i decided then not to go ..... in the end its down to common sense.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
cant predict the weather ........ at half 6 .... no one knows if it would get worse or ease off, so cant blame anyone.

i saw the weather forecast of possible Hurricane wind speeds at 2pm and i decided then not to go ..... in the end its down to common sense.
There was a detailed weather report on the BBC on Sunday telling us about this today.

The met office issued a red alert very severe weather warning at three for the north west, the decision should have been taken then, not waiting until an hour before ko when most people were already out in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.