The game is off

Skashion said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Skashion said:
He's in the stadium so his opinion might be a bit more informed than yours.

sorry .... if you think strong winds can't enter an open-top area stadium, then you are a bit thick, in my informed opinion.
Fucking brilliant. Someone at home is arguing with someone in the stadium over whether it's windy in the stadium. Can't beat Bluemoon at times.
He's right about you being a bit thick though.

Just got back to shropshire after making it as far as knutsford, after a swift u-turn and a jam on the potteries (also football related) glad to home it's sodding carnage out there!

4hr drive. Bit of a mither, but these things happen. Taking the positive of a rest for the players can only be good for the next 2 games

Just got back following a 4 hour round journey. No problem with the game being postponed. Massive problem with it not being pulled at least 7 hours earlier when the Met Office issued their severe weather warning for North West England. Shocking disrespect towards the Sunderland fans and the City fans who travel any distance. Same with Everton (imagine being a Crystal Palace fan tonight?) There is a reason why the Met Office issued a RED weather warning... Fucking unbelievable that a multi-million pound business who have the welfare of 50,000 people's to consider would decide to completely ignore this expert advice. Seriously pissed off with anyone who had a hand in this debacle tonight.

Worksop Blue said:
Just got back following a 4 hour round journey. No problem with the game being postponed. Massive problem with it not being pulled at least 7 hours earlier when the Met Office issued their severe weather warning for North West England. Shocking disrespect towards the Sunderland fans and the City fans who travel any distance. Same with Everton (imagine being a Crystal Palace fan tonight?) There is a reason why the Met Office issued a RED weather warning... Fucking unbelievable that a multi-million pound business who have the welfare of 50,000 people's to consider would decide to completely ignore this expert advice. Seriously pissed off with anyone who had a hand in this debacle tonight.

It's not the clubs fault.

worsleyweb said:
Worksop Blue said:

It's not the clubs fault.

Who makes decisions on calling games off? Whoever does it is their fault. I'm not convinced it is the club as why wouldn't we have done this earlier. Calling the game off is a huge benefit to us.

Someone put this on twitter
can we take a leaf out of Bournemouth's book and give them free coaches to the re-arranged fixture?

I think we should if possible, would be a great gesture.

Skashion said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
my wheelchair doesnt have 4WD for the snow lol
Fair enough, you are excused. ;-) Just pointing out that it wasn't stupid to go to the game tonight in expectation that there would be a match. It might well have been stupid for reasons of personal safety however... Have we ever had a game postponed an hour before kick off at the Etihad? I remember one being postponed for ice around the stadium but I think that was postponed several hours beforehand.

spent all day yesterday fitting my spiked wheels for today thinking there'd be snow again, was peeved this morning lol

you are right mate .... i noticed it had only got severe here at half seven when it blew out some windows, i thought "thank god i didn't go to the game, i would have been blown to Oz". was only when i came to listen on the radio that i saw it was off.

think with the weird and severe weather recently, there's no much room now to risk health and safety, i would have called it off with 1 minute left before kick-off. rain and snow, we can detect quite accurately nowadays, wind can start-up without warning, thats the worry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.