The game is off

you always know someone has to do the moonwalk when its windy

_72946782_prog.jpg

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Left work literally 2 fucking minutes before this shit. Just got home now, can only think they looked at the chill factore and shit themselves. It was by no means that bad at the ground.

But surely it's not just about how bad it is at the ground (even though blown over programme cabins says to me it was bad enough)

Shouldn't it be about the journeys fans have to make to get to the game and the risks they are taking to do so. The post below yours talks about a tree falling on their car. That could have killed someone? All for a game of football,... Is it really worth that?

The Red warning was issued by the Met Office at least 7 hours before kick off. Why was that ignored?

listen, weather warnings are for ordinary folk, football supporters are hard

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Left work literally 2 fucking minutes before this shit. Just got home now, can only think they looked at the chill factore and shit themselves. It was by no means that bad at the ground.

But surely it's not just about how bad it is at the ground (even though blown over programme cabins says to me it was bad enough)

Shouldn't it be about the journeys fans have to make to get to the game and the risks they are taking to do so. The post below yours talks about a tree falling on their car. That could have killed someone? All for a game of football,... Is it really worth that?

The Red warning was issued by the Met Office at least 7 hours before kick off. Why was that ignored?

seems it was bad earlier, I got there at about 7:20 having been sat on a bus for 40 minutes and there was a stiff breeze nothing more.

Hope everybody got home safe. Set off from near York at 4:30. M62 nightmare and only got as far as Huddersfield when heard game was off. Home at 9:30. Ah well at least it beats getting home after midnight. Take care folks.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Please save us from daft self-centred "it's a disgrace" rants. I know it's England, and it has to be someone's fault, but sometimes these things just happen. If someone had died the exact same people would have been calling it 'a disgrace' to have gone ahead.

Bang on. The Everton game was called off because apparently the tile from a roof on the way there were getting damaged blown into the street by the winds.

Can you imagine the absolute uproar from people if they knew this was happening, let the game go ahead, and somebody got injured?

The GMP and Safety Officer did their jobs tonight, which was to call of the game when they couldn't guarantee the safety of all the attendees. The lateness of the decision is because wind speed and impact on such a local scale are almost impossible to predict and they wanted to give the game every opportunity to go ahead. 1 hour before the game is when most games get called off for this type of thing, and we were ahead of Everton by 15 minutes. I don't presume their Safety Officer is "getting the sack" either.

Some really ridiculous opinions on here at times.

Spot on

Amazing how many people are happy to put themselves and others in danger to watch a football match?

The people who are saying why leave it so late, I'm sure they were waiting to see if it died down but it didn't, shit happens and the call was correct for everyone.

Three hour trip and had just got in the car park when the game was called off.
The wind was so bad that when my lad opened his driver side window to pay for the car park the rain came through to hit the inside of my passenger side window! Truely horizontal!!!

incred said:
Three hour trip and had just got in the car park when the game was called off.
The wind was so bad that when my lad opened his driver side window to pay for the car park the rain came through to hit the inside of my passenger side window! Truely horizontal!!!

Did you get a refund?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.