The Gareth Barry Appreciation Society

de niro said:
danburge82 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
........................Rodwell/Barry............................. Garcia.......

.....................................................Yaya.....................................

Thats the midfield I would like to see. Give more of a licence for Yaya and Rodwell to get forward.
Spot on. García is a great signing and will allow more freedom for our other mids.

stony said:
We've certainly missed him. Not sure he is the messiah he's being made out to be though. Great player no doubt and seriously underrated by the masses but at the same time overrated by others.
Again good post. I think people have gotten a little carried away with how good he is just because we are missing his qualities. When he comes up against players with pace he is easily dribbled past or 1-2'd around. People are talking of him like he's at Yaya's standard. Yet we have missed him and I'm looking forward to his return, but with García and Rodwell his place isn't certain anymore.

-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 am --

de niro said:
First name on the sheet.
Hart Vincent Yaya David Sergio Carlos.

All his have other players to take their place, not as good but could do a job. Barry is unique, no other player can do his job.
Rodwell didn't do to badly did he.

I'm a believer.

For me the cover he gives VK and Joleon is the main reason the defence was so good last year. AND

this allows the YaYa to bomb forward where he is so dangerous

Salar said:
de niro said:
danburge82 said:
Spot on. García is a great signing and will allow more freedom for our other mids.

Again good post. I think people have gotten a little carried away with how good he is just because we are missing his qualities. When he comes up against players with pace he is easily dribbled past or 1-2'd around. People are talking of him like he's at Yaya's standard. Yet we have missed him and I'm looking forward to his return, but with García and Rodwell his place isn't certain anymore.

-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 am --

Hart Vincent Yaya David Sergio Carlos.

All his have other players to take their place, not as good but could do a job. Barry is unique, no other player can do his job.
Rodwell didn't do to badly did he.
He did as good as anybody else but at times we are over run Barry stops this and nobody notices what he does just by his reading of the game, when he comes back and this stops it will be because, Silva has hit form or some other reason, these players can perform because of Gaz Baz

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Ray78 said:
Not a great player but an experienced player who keeps us ticking over.

He's a solid player and the only one whose arsed to cover the left back position from midfield.[/quote

Well spotted Ed thought it was only me who could see this ;-), especially when AK at left back.If young Jack can learn from Gareth and yaya we could find ourselves with a diamond. But back to Gareth when he's back we'll conceed less goals.

MANC LOYAL said:
stony said:
We've certainly missed him. Not sure he is the messiah he's being made out to be though. Great player no doubt and seriously underrated by the masses but at the same time overrated by others.
Team player............

Barry does a number of things very well, especially defensively, but I noticed last season (even more so in re-watching matches over the Summer) how often possession ends with a bad pass from Barry. While watching one match with a friend from work I've been trying to get hooked on the game, out of the blue he said "#18 is a turnover machine." I could only laugh because it expressed a sentiment that had been forming in my mind for a while...

yankee_mark said:
MANC LOYAL said:
stony said:
Team player............

Barry does a number of things very well, especially defensively, but I noticed last season (even more so in re-watching matches over the Summer) how often possession ends with a bad pass from Barry. While watching one match with a friend from work I've been trying to get hooked on the game, out of the blue he said "#18 is a turnover machine." I could only laugh because it expressed a sentiment that had been forming in my mind for a while...

You sure no 18 is not the short stop for the Rangers ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.