The General Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
chabal said:
Well not the result I hoped for or expected but there you go.

I was rather hoping for another coalition with Lib Dems acting as a restraining influence on Labour or Tories but it was not to be.

Election results may not always seem fair but they always tell a story. Congratulations to the Tories and SNP, commiserations to all the others.

It would be churlish not to acknowledge the scale of the victory for the Tories nor the size of the defeat for Labour and Lib Dems – it will take some time for them both to recover and there is the possibility that neither party will actually achieve a full recovery.

I think I will have a break from here. There is only so much reference to scroungers, immigrants, the workshy, benefit cheats and general vilification of those not at the top of the heap that I can reasonably take and still maintain my equilibrium.

It’s good to have a divergence of opinion and have assumptions and beliefs challenged. If this forum was solely right wing or solely left wing it would be pointless. As someone who is pretty centrist in his outlook I get a real glimpse into a whole spectrum of others experiences and values. However, there is this growing nastiness and contempt for sections of society which may not be wholly exclusive to the Right on this forum but appears to be their growing preserve.

Being a Tory should not mean having a hatred of others but it feels increasingly like it does mean that for many..
Mard arse.

Ducado said:
SWP's back said:
malg said:
Seriously, people have been driven away? Who are these 'decent posters'? I'd suggest they're mard arses. I don't keep track of individuals, but the only person i've noticed missing is Rascal, but i'd hope he's more of an adult than to hide away after the election.
Firstly, I hope rascals ok.

Secondly, I'd also like to know who Ducado is talking about about. He seems to be having a far harder time separating his personal views from his modding views in this thread than PB, Damocles or de Niro.

I just have a lower tolerance than the others, I have no problems with people expressing their opinions it's the way they express them that matters, I dislike gloating about anything be it football or politics

We are giving it a few days to calm down, but we will not allow another bullying clique to form in here
Hope Rascal will be allowed back on, only if he wants. Time to bury the hatchet so to speak.

kas_tippler said:
Ducado said:
SWP's back said:
Firstly, I hope rascals ok.

Secondly, I'd also like to know who Ducado is talking about about. He seems to be having a far harder time separating his personal views from his modding views in this thread than PB, Damocles or de Niro.

I just have a lower tolerance than the others, I have no problems with people expressing their opinions it's the way they express them that matters, I dislike gloating about anything be it football or politics

We are giving it a few days to calm down, but we will not allow another bullying clique to form in here
Hope Rascal will be allowed back on, only if he wants. Time to bury the hatchet so to speak.

Allowed back on by who? He is not banned but some of the stuff thrown at him earlier was disgusting so I don't blame him for staying away

Ducado said:
kas_tippler said:
Ducado said:

Allowed back on by who? He is not banned but some of the stuff thrown at him earlier was disgusting so I don't blame him for staying away

Agreed - he took some shit. Some a bit personal, which was absolute shit. Glad he's not banned anyway.

Ducado said:
kas_tippler said:
Ducado said:

Thought he was on a ban, he gave as good as he got! Hope he returns, its a poorer place without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.