The Great British Insurance rip off

When did you last barter Kaz? I did last year but they won’t entertain discussing it this year, comparison sites seem to have a difference of a maximum 10%.
My car ins was dec just gone , i am with the rac and the quote end up the same as last year , i am a low user with ten yrs no claims and small mileage with a corsa so not too expensive to start with . The comparison sites dont cover every insurer so they are limited imo

Last year, my car Insurance was £256 with Hastings. They wanted to put it up by 80% but, after arguing, it stayed the same.

For this year, the best I could get from Hastings was £435, a 70% increase. After listening to their excuses why it's that price, I told them where to go.

Did the comparison and got more cover with another provider for £226.

Use comparison websites 4/5 weeks before renewal to get the best deal. Many companies won't cover and they cite reasons why (age, postcode, driver history, model of car etc) but plenty more will starting from lowest to highest quote. Always do this on a yearly basis.

Well the dreaded car insurance e mail has just landed in the in box ,and after having a car scrape along the side of me earlier in the year that somehow my insurance company deemed me responsible i opened it fearing the worse and ....
Well fuck me they have only lowered it by £260 and i keep my 20 years no claims bonus.I guess not accepting their conclusion of the incident and keeping onto them by e mail has paid off.

Use comparison websites 4/5 weeks before renewal to get the best deal. Many companies won't cover and they cite reasons why (age, postcode, driver history, model of car etc) but plenty more will starting from lowest to highest quote. Always do this on a yearly basis.
And once you have used the comparison site, call whoever comes out top direct and you will find it gets cheaper.

Had an interesting experience with my motor insurance recently. I moved my contents insurance to Admiral, who offered me what I thought was a decent deal on a multi-cover policy to also insure my car, which wasn't due for another few weeks.

My current motor policy cost me £780 and I was budgeting for renewal at around £800. The Admiral quote came in around the same price as my existing one, so I took it. Then my renewal came in from Aviva and it was £80 lower than the previous price. Not the usual experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.