The Great British Insurance rip off

Ye same here, we will do it this year but we get £2k cover for £15, pay excess plus 20% so that’s only £1500, no doubt they’d try to wriggle out of that, they do need to get a grip of all insurances. I did many house fires were people had no insurance and that was when it was less than a packet of fags, now I can see lots not bothering it’s getting stupid.
Insurance is a gamble, where it’s not legally necessary. People are short of money. How often do you need your insurance? For the vast majority, they don’t.

Until they need it…

My car insurance company have just informed me to renew it will be £96.45 per month £1157 per year my current deal is £67.00 a month.
Imagine if I'd have claimed in the last 12 months what it would be then.

Had my renewal through its gone from £551.38 to £657.04 which was expected, but the weird thing is I've just done a quick comparison and the cheapest one came through at £691.78. Never seen a renewal price come cheaper than the comparison before usually I have to ring and haggle them down

Had my renewal through its gone from £551.38 to £657.04 which was expected, but the weird thing is I've just done a quick comparison and the cheapest one came through at £691.78. Never seen a renewal price come cheaper than the comparison before usually I have to ring and haggle them down
Same as, £380 up to £650 with Ageas, did the comparison trawl and could only get down by a few quid and that’s if I paid the lump sum which I’m loathe to do.

Car is a Mercedes, now 8 year old 2.1 SLK AMG, being retired and just two of us I love the car but I did a comparison on a 1 litre Ford Fiesta and that came in at just short of £300, with rising costs of parts along with insurance it maybe a downgrade this time next year which will sadden me but I’m looking at all our monthly cost because we’re on drawdown pensions and savings, if inflation keeps going at this rate our money will run out a good few years before what we’d calculated. That’s the “reward” for 47 years continuous working.

Ours went up about £60 so not too bad, the car is onky worth about £4k these days now, so any damage they’d probably try writing it off, learnt my lesson after a non accident fault, don’t contact them until you’ve had some quotes it can’t work out cheaper to get it repaired yourself sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.