The Greatest Goal I Ever Saw: Paul Dickov

Most important goal in our recent history, along with Super Kev's of course.

I dread to think what would have happened if we had not won that day

For emotion and the most incredible feeling of ecstasy and relief i have ever felt it has to be dickies. I get goosebumps when i watch it now and still well up from it. Great memories and a great day for this club!

NZBlue said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXbOPAuIo74[/youtube]

I never need an excuse to watch this!

if you pause it on 0.27 you will see sheikh mansour celebrating the goal!

I knew he's always been a blue!!!!

Great Read and a Great Day, apart from the bus driver going up the M6 North to begin with!. Remember most of the lads leaving at 2-0 down and me and another lad refusing to leave cos "We queued for 12 hours for this ticket" ...... Just made it back for last orders ... phoned the pub about two miles from home and asked for 36 pints, 12 shorts and a fooking map for the driver! lol!

As someone famously quoted it at the time 'City were at the Snakes Bollocks, drinking in last chance saloon' when that goal went in. The feeling when that went in can't be described.

That murky afternoon in London was completely unreal.

The strange thing was I was only a kid and my Dad was the worst for leaving games early if we were losing. He would always storm out when we conceded a late goal, without fail.

Yet, for some reason, when the 2nd Gillingham goal went in, I was all for getting up and going, and yet he didn't move. Whether he just froze due to stunned silence I don't know, but he stayed in his seat at 2-0 and thus so did I as loads around us all got up and left. I'll always be thankful to him for that as it meant I got to witness THAT goal right there in the flesh, rather than hearing the roar walking away from Wembley as loads did.

As much as it meant the world to win the FA Cup and will when we hopefully win the league, I can't see myself ever celebrating a goal as much as Dickov's again. If we miss out on the title this year there's always next year, but we were in deep deep trouble back then, and for some time it didn't look as though we'd ever pull ourselves out of it.

Blue Lloyd said:
As someone famously quoted it at the time 'City were at the Snakes Bollocks, drinking in last chance saloon' when that goal went in. The feeling when that went in can't be described.

That murky afternoon in London was completely unreal.

I have watched this Football Club over 42 years and have never experienced at any match down those long years from last seasons semi to Newcastle away in 68 to match the collective joyous madness that swept over our crowd a moment after the ball hit the back of the net. I say a moment because the world seemed to stand still and we just looked unbelievingly at a miracle taking place in front of us and then the world exploded. The family shown is typical, a wonderfull camera shot, I can almost hear her "Its going in Its going In" and then watching like the rest of us...a moment of disbelief and then.....
On my grave I intend to have
Wiekens
Goater
Dickov
GOAL
Only a Blue would understand, it meant that much to me.
The importance of that goal can never be understood In terms of the emotional impact on those there on the day.

I fully agree with everything which has been said, that was a great article.
I am here in Florida on holiday and watching that clip of Dickov,s goal brought a tear to my eye. Us older fans have been through so much over the years but that game in 99 meant so much to us and just look where we are today, I still pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming.

Winning the FA Cup was fantastic and the 1-6 was just unbeleivable, happy days.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:21 am --<br /><br />I fully agree with everything which has been said, that was a great article.
I am here in Florida on holiday and watching that clip of Dickov,s goal brought a tear to my eye. Us older fans have been through so much over the years but that game in 99 meant so much to us and just look where we are today, I still pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming.

Winning the FA Cup was fantastic and the 1-6 was just unbeleivable, happy days.

Even better with the radio commentary :o)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRh9K6MKPw[/youtube]

Just looking at the pens and I was sober but can't remember any of them pens, such was my state of mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.