The Greatest Goal I Ever Saw: Paul Dickov

Citysmith said:
Even better with the radio commentary :o)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRh9K6MKPw[/youtube]

Just looking at the pens and I was sober but can't remember any of them pens, such was my state of mind

Always makes me laugh that my dad didnt know we won (figured it out pretty quickly) with the Weaver save his nerves were so shattered he had not counted them, lol<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:09 am --<br /><br />
Mr Partridge said:
The strange thing was I was only a kid and my Dad was the worst for leaving games early if we were losing. He would always storm out when we conceded a late goal, without fail.

Yet, for some reason, when the 2nd Gillingham goal went in, I was all for getting up and going, and yet he didn't move. Whether he just froze due to stunned silence I don't know, but he stayed in his seat at 2-0 and thus so did I as loads around us all got up and left. I'll always be thankful to him for that as it meant I got to witness THAT goal right there in the flesh, rather than hearing the roar walking away from Wembley as loads did.

As much as it meant the world to win the FA Cup and will when we hopefully win the league, I can't see myself ever celebrating a goal as much as Dickov's again. If we miss out on the title this year there's always next year, but we were in deep deep trouble back then, and for some time it didn't look as though we'd ever pull ourselves out of it.

My Dad exactly the same, i pretty much begged him to let us leave after the 2nd goal but he wasnt having it
They must of felt it in there bones or something

The most important goal I never saw due to seeing my arse and fuckin' off when we went 2 - 0 down.

Lesson learnt tho'...and at least I got back in around the other side for extra time and pens!

i was heartbroken during this game,felt like following city was killing me(3 years of pain). i knew everything was okay when paul smashed that home. can never tire of the clip......because the feelings feel as fresh as they did back then.

the radio clip is raw as hell - i love it ...cheers!

Jesus that video along with the commentary = The most goosebumps ever experienced by man :)

On the way to ground and i have goosebumps just reading this thread what a moment what a goal and what a celebration, i wore my nans chain around my neck which i had since she died and at 2-1 i was clutching it praying, the scoreboard seemed to be on 90 mins forever and then it went in, utter utter manic celebration i doubt even if we won the premier lge i would feel like that again so i thank always thank my nan for listening :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.