The Greatest Managers of all time.....

I think it should be based on influence rather than trophies won.
Starting from present day, pep has changed the way teams play in 3 countries. Not just his teams, the teams around them and spreading down to grass roots (hopefully).
But it wasn’t a pep thing, he’s took ideas from some of the past greats.
A handful of coaches are responsible for changing the face of football, I would say, the coach of the Hungarian Magyars had a big influence on how the world played the game.

Lots of managers, just benefited from their influence.
I wish I knew the names of the true pioneers, if I did, I would list them and finish with pep.

I think it should be based on influence rather than trophies won.
Starting from present day, pep has changed the way teams play in 3 countries. Not just his teams, the teams around them and spreading down to grass roots (hopefully).
But it wasn’t a pep thing, he’s took ideas from some of the past greats.
A handful of coaches are responsible for changing the face of football, I would say, the coach of the Hungarian Magyars had a big influence on how the world played the game.

Lots of managers, just benefited from their influence.
I wish I knew the names of the true pioneers, if I did, I would list them and finish with pep.
Gustav Sebes was the Magyars manager. He invented the false 9.
Pep, I would say, is in the line: Sebes, Buckingham, Michels, Cruyff, Pep.

That's a good shout. Have to admit I knew nothing about him. Have to put him in my line because he coached Michels. We are very lucky to have inherited, through Pep, the thinking of these great innovators

My Dad can remember him calling round to have meetings with my Grandfather, I think this was after he retired but was then involved with amateur football in the Stand / Whitefield area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.