The greatest round of boxing ever

Ysabel 123

Team supported
City

I have been out with my dad and a few of his mates today, and they were talking about boxing. They then started talking about how brutal the opening round of Tommy Hearns v Marvin Haggler was and how much punishment they both took in that first round. I listened but just thought they were exaggerating. I've just watched it on You tube and fuck me they were right. That first round is pure hatred!

Does anyone on here remember that fight?

I have been out with my dad and a few of his mates today, and they were talking about boxing. They then started talking about how brutal the opening round of Tommy Hearns v Marvin Haggler was and how much punishment they both took in that first round. I listened but just thought they were exaggerating. I've just watched it on You tube and fuck me they were right. That first round is pure hatred!

Does anyone on here remember that fight?

Who won?

Watched this fight very recently and it's almost an anachronism that the best fighters at their peak would fight each other.

For sheer brutality Benn v McLellan is my favourite ever

Tommy Hearns brought half of Detroit with him to Vegas and such was the chaos in his dressing room pre fight that he was given a leg massage by one of his extended entourage unnoticed til it was too late by his trainer Emanuel Steward. Manny was fuming about this because it weakens the leg muscles and he subsequently said that he felt it contributed significantly to Tommy's defeat.

Maybe it did maybe it was just a case of an elite natural middleweight beating an elite natural welterweight. Trouble with Tommy was he just couldnt resist a tear up. He had all the tools to have danced his way to victory and his power wouldve deterred Marvin from just walking him down.

Regardless, you'll never see a better fight than this one.

Tyson v spinks 1988, two undefeated heavyweight champions spinks was supposed to be his toughest opponent to date iron Mike obliterated him putting him down twice in the 1st round a beast when he was in his prime

Last edited:
Tommy Hearns brought half of Detroit with him to Vegas and such was the chaos in his dressing room pre fight that he was given a leg massage by one of his extended entourage unnoticed til it was too late by his trainer Emanuel Steward. Manny was fuming about this because it weakens the leg muscles and he subsequently said that he felt it contributed significantly to Tommy's defeat.

Maybe it did maybe it was just a case of an elite natural middleweight beating an elite natural welterweight. Trouble with Tommy was he just couldnt resist a tear up. He had all the tools to have danced his way to victory and his power wouldve deterred Marvin from just walking him down.

Regardless, you'll never see a better fight than this one.
If I remember right hadn't the ref stopped the fight so the doctor could look at the cut above haglers eye just brutal from start to finish the amazing thing is these guys didn't avoid each other they just all fought each other.Theres a brilliant documentary series called the four kings each episode covers the careers of hagler, hearns, Duran and Leonard a golden age for middleweight boxing

Tyson v spinks 1988, two undefeated heavyweight champions spinks was supposed to be his toughest opponent to date iron Mike obliterated him putting him down twice in the 1st round a beast when he was in his prime

I remember watching that fight. Spinks looked like he was beaten as soon as he began his ring walk. He looked terrified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.